4

Dan Howell

He stiffens at my question and looks at his jeans pocket. On noticing the little mario toy, his cheeks redden and he pushes it inside, looking at me with a frantic look in his eyes. He seems nervous for some reason, and I find it quite funny.

I admit he has gotten more attractive since I've last spoken to him. I haven't really seen him in months, even though we share some classes. His hair is effortlessly spread across his forehead, and his shirt hugs his lean body, accentuating his broad shoulders. Why am I checking him out all of a sudden? I am fucking drunk and horny that's why. He used to be a good friend of mine, but we just kind of drifted.

"Oh, it's-it's," he stutters when PJ butts in.

"He is such a kid, he made me buy him a happy meal, for what was that? Mario kart or something." He rolls his eyes, and Phil seems to stiffen up. In my slightly drunken state I find it humorous that he did that, it's kind of cute actually. Cute? This is definitely the alcohol speaking.

"You play mario kart?" I blurt out, and Phil looks at me with wide eyes, nodding slightly. His embarrassment is clear on his face as he gulps down his beer, and excuses himself from the bar. I watch as he goes into the bathroom, flustered and I laugh a little, finishing my drink and ordering another.

"Yo, where's Paul? He threw the party and I haven't seen him anywhere?" I ask, and PJ diverts his attention from the girl he was talking to, to me.

"I think he's smoking pot upstairs." He comments and I nod. I don't really do pot, so I am not interested. From across the club I notice a guy looking at me. His hair is up in a quiff and he is thin. When I look at him, he quickly looks away embarrassed and I think I've found my partner for the night.

"Is anyone else coming to the floor with me?" I ask my two companions who are busy impressing slutty girls.

"Nah, mate." The girl with Craig, tries to subtly check me out but fails when I catch her looking at me. I raise my eyebrows at her, and she looks away, back to Craig, her cheeks getting redder which I thought wasn't humanly possible as she had already tinted her cheeks with so much makeup.

Disgusting.

As I am making my way to the guy, who is now looking scared as fuck as he tries to hide behind his tall friend, I bump into someone, and my drink spills onto them, as well as me.

"Watch where you're fucking-"

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking!" Phil's slightly high pitched voice booms, and I look down at him. He has gotten taller I notice, he is not much shorter than me, only a couple inches.

"It's okay," I end his dilemma after a moment and feel the wet drink soaking the front of my shirt. When I look at him, his shirt is wetter than mine.

"I really am sorry," He apologises again, his cheeks pink.

"It's fine, do you wanna go clean up?" I casually state and I notice his eyes widening. He just squeaks something that sounds like a yes, and turns around walking to the bathroom once again, and I follow him.

Looks like I won't be getting laid tonight. Maybe I'll just go on tinder or something.