Bits and Pieces

Chanyeol didn't know what to say. Kyungsoo was just as frozen and shocked. Baekhyun noticed, but he didn't pay them any mind. He kept subtly bouncing the pup like it was a baby in his arms and cooing at it like a child. The dog looked clueless to the world, sticking its tongue out, huffing in content with Baekhyun's baby treatment. Kai, on the other hand, moved quickly away from Baekhyun, leaving him alone to stand Chanyeol's storm.

"Someone put him in a box near this ugly, ugly red building," Baekhyun said, running a gentle hand along the dog's cheek. "Kind of sad."

Chanyeol's eyes darted to Kai who was trying to escape his way over to the kitchen as if trying to use Kyungsoo's presence as an invisible wall from Chanyeol's threatening self. When Kai saw that Chanyeol's attention was on him anyways, he shrugged. "I tried to get him to leave it!"

"Couldn't convince me to leave you, could he baby?" Baekhyun said, nuzzling his face against the dog's.

Chanyeol watched him. He admitted that it was somewhat cute, but that thought was in the very back of his mind. He was still furious over a long list of things. The dog just toppled everything over.

Coming out of the bathroom, Sehun looked up and stopped short when he saw everyone staring and facing in one direction—plus he caught onto the tense air about them. His eyes followed everyone else's direction and immediately saw the black fur ball.

"Did we...get a dog?" Sehun asked cautiously. No one answered him, though Kyungsoo looked over and shook his head subtly.

Without a word, Chanyeol stalked forward and grabbed Baekhyun by his shirt. Pulling him harshly along, Chanyeol dragged them to the nearest bathroom before shutting and locking the door behind him. Then, turning to Baekhyun, Chanyeol took the dog despite Baekhyun's efforts to hold on to Nugget. Striding over to the tub, Chanyeol placed the pup inside, letting it safely walk around in a confined area, yelping and trotting its small legs around.

Baekhyun tried to push past Chanyeol to retrieve Nugget back, but Chanyeol put a hand on his chest and pushed him away. When Baekhyun prevented himself from stumbling backwards, he frowned up at Chanyeol, though he didn't utter a word.

Not liking the upset look on Baekhyun's face, Chanyeol locked his jaw, standing his ground. "Do you know why I'm fucking angry with you?"

"Might be because I stepped outside the house for once—"

Chanyeol backed Baekhyun against a wall and slammed a hand on it, causing Baekhyun to flinch. "Try again."

Baekhyun huffed. "I took the car..." Chanyeol moved his eyebrows, indicating to Baekhyun to continue on. "I don't know what other golden rule I broke—"

Chanyeol laughed before pointing over at the tub. "You're forgetting that."

"What about Nugget?"

"What about Nugget!?" Chanyeol repeated as if he was going to go crazy, which was not far from the truth. "Nugget there shouldn't fucking be here!"

Baekhyun lightly slapped Chanyeol on the arm. "I wasn't going to leave him—"

"Well, you fucking should've," Chanyeol spat. "You keep bringing in things that don't belong in this house, damn it! First Kai and now that fucking animal—"

"Nugget!" Baekhyun snapped. "His name's Nugget."

"I don't give a shit," Chanyeol snapped back. "It's a stupid looking animal and it doesn't belong here. It shouldn't even have a god damn name!"

To Chanyeol surprise, Baekhyun looked a little hurt. "You shouldn't say that, Chanyeol."

"And why the hell not?"