Chapter 1 - The Walters

"ABIGAIL!! GET YOURSELF DOWN HERE!!" Bellowed Nick, my older Foster brother. I was terrified of Nick, I had been here for 3 months and it didn't take long to realize they were only in it for the money, they got 500 bucks a month for taking me in, and I'm decently sure they weren't spending that on me, I ate dinner with the family, but was always denied breakfast or lunch. They didn't buy clothes for me either. A lot of families do this, I'm not sure how they even became foster parents. Anyways, I was terrified of Nick so I ran downstairs as quickly as possible.

"Yes?" I said softly not looking Nick in the eyes.

"Did you use up the last of the milk today Abigail?" Nick asked innocently

"Yes, but you told me you wanted a cake and the recipe kind of called for milk" I responded still not looking up to meet his gaze

"Listen here sweetheart, I did not ask you, why you used all the milk, I asked you if you used up all the milk." Nick specified, tilting my head up to meet his gaze

"Yes. Nick, I used all the milk, does that make you happy?" I retorted sarcastically

"Nope." Nick said as his fist collided with my face, blood rushed to my cheek as I stumbled back and hit the kitchen wall. Nick didn't hesitate in grabbing my hair and slamming my towards the ground. Once I was on the ground, he took no time kicking me in the stomach. I curled around my bruised stomach, lying on the kitchen floor. "Go get milk." Nick said tossing a five dollar bill next to me on the floor.

I picked myself up from the floor grabbed the money and left. I was walking down do the busy streets of New York City to go buy milk, it wasn't exactly the safest place for a 15 year old girl, but then again, neither was that house. I walked into the supermarket and grabbed a gallon of milk, as I was walking up to the cash register, when a man with a ponytail stopped me.

"Hey, are you okay?" As he stepped into my view, my eyes widened, it was Lin-Manuel Miranda! Oh my gosh! This is crazy! I love him!

"What do you mean, yeah of course I'm fine why woul..." I stopped when I noticed he was looking at my cheek, crap, I forgot Nick punched me. "Oh that, oh that's nothing I tripped and bumped into a pole, it's ok." Blood rushed to my cheeks and I looked down

"Well, I'm sorry that happened, My names Lin, what's yours?"

"First of all, I know who you are, I'm a huge fan, seriously, huge. And secondly, my name's Abigail."

"Abigail what?" He asked pressing on

"Just Abigail, no last name, I'm in the foster system and I'd rather not use any of their last names, but I guess if you need one its Walter, Abigail Walter" I was disgusted at the sound of the name, but for the time being, it was true.

"Well, it was nice to meet you Abigail, I hope I see you again." With that he waved and walked away. OH MY GOSH! I just met Lin-Manuel Miranda, how the heck?! This is crazy! I'm so lucky, Hamilton is fantastic. I walked home smiling my face off, even if Nick beat me again today, today would have been absolutely perfect. As I was approaching my house, I saw a green Camry parked outside, that could only mean one thing, Sarah.