9

Phil Lester

I don't know how but I managed to interact more with Dan than I had planned to. I figured as he helped me clean the alcohol off my shirt last night, the least I could do is offer him some goddamn Advil. Plus he looked tired and he was constantly rubbing his forehead, and I felt bad for him.

Right now he his walking beside me, not really saying anything but just walking. When we reach my locker, I unlock it and pull out some advil, turning around to hand it to him. He is standing too close to me and I feel my heartbeat quicken.

Not again.

"Thanks," he says, looking down at me and popping it in his mouth before he realises he doesn't have water. I roll my eyes at the look of slight shock on his face and reach into my bag pulling out a bottle of water and handing it to him.

He takes it and presses his lips to the bottle chugging it down, more than it was necessary for swallowing a tablet. Maybe he was just thirsty.

"Thanks really, I was having a hell of a head ache." He groans, twisting the cap back on the bottle and handing it to me.

"No problem," I smile at him and begin to make my way to literature. I hope PJ keeps his promise and will be in class in time.

"Wait, do you want to go for lunch or something?" He scratches the back of his head and looks away from me. Holy heck. The actual Dan just asked me if I want to grab lunch with him. Is this a date? Is he gay? Why is he doing this? Does he actually want to spend time with me or is he just messing around? I am beyond confused and excited, my adrenaline is pumping in my veins and I take too long to answer.

"It's on me," he says after a while, smiling slightly. How bad can lunch with Dan be?

"Okay, I'll um, meet you after literature?" I offer and he shakes his head.

"I am in literature too." He reminds me and I blush and nod, walking quickly to the class while Dan follows shortly behind. I am extremely confused now. Why would Dan Howell offer to take me to lunch? Is he gay? Does he like me? Holy shit, does he like me? No that can't be. Maybe I am just thinking too much. Maybe he just wants to be friends again? Or maybe he just offered lunch because he wanted to thank me for the tablets? God knows what is going on, why it's going on, but I would like to think that this will end well.

I really hope I don't embarrass myself in front of him. It's not only his personality that I like. It's not only about the retro games we used to play or the similar bands we used to fangirl over. It's just something about him.

His warm brown eyes compliment his slightly tanned skin and misty brown hair. The way his collar bones peek out of low collared shirts, his large hands, it's just everything about him that has built up for two years that made me like him. I know for a fact that he has gotten a bit cockier and has developed an attitude over time, but I wouldn't classify him as a jerk. Sure I have heard people talking a lot about him, saying that he uses people and hooks up with them on a daily basis but I am sure that would be consensual. Who am I to judge him when I don't know anything about his personal life? He might have his own reasons?

Besides I am too attracted to him to get effected by the fact that he sleeps with different people. Also he hasn't done anything bad to me, giving me no apparent reason to hate him, leaving out the fact that he suddenly stopped talking to me but still. Why should I oppose his friendship?

Maybe I am thinking too much. Maybe this lunch doesn't mean that much to him. Maybe he is just hungry and doesn't have anyone to hang out with? Probably that.

The ringing bell interrupts me from my thoughts and I stop in my tracks to call Pj and check if he is coming or not. I feel someone bump into me from behind, and so I turn my head only to find Dan. I almost forgot he was right behind me.

"Why did you stop all of sudden?" He raises his eyebrows, his chest is touching my back and my skin is turning hot. Damn.

"Oh, I-I just needed to call PJ," I stutter and smack myself in my brain for sounding like a chipmunk.

"Oh okay cool." He steps around me and enters the class. I watch as he takes a seat beside a girl. She has long blonde hair, curled to perfection and she is very pretty. I try to ignore the jealousy stirring inside of me as I press the phone to my ear.

"Jesus Christ, Phil I am here. Turn around." PJ sounds annoyed as I turn around to face him. He rolls his eyes at me when I wave at him, and when he approaches me he looks like he just woke up. He has a severe case of bed head and he looks funny.

"What's up with your hair?" I laugh at him, reaching up and fixing his hair slightly so it looks at least presentable.

"Yuck, your hair's greasy." I scrunch my nose as I run my fingers through the front.

"Gee, thanks." He mutters and I turn around to walk inside, only to find Dan staring at me.

--
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT

I don't really think it matters a lot, but I would dedicate this chapter to ultrcn ! Thank you for voting on all my books it really means a lott xx