17

Phil Lester

It is uncomfortable silence as me and Dan walk back to the uni. There is too much space between us, and the fire that was crackling under my skin minutes ago has died down. The sun is no more to be seen, it is cloudy and a little windy, but that's England for you. My mind is racing and so is my heart as I think about the kiss minutes ago. It was nothing like I had ever experienced before. It was addicting and consuming, it was desperate and passionate and everything that made my insides tingle. But was it only me who felt the need and the fire and the passion? Does Dan feel the same way about me as I do about him?

The way he wrapped his arm around my waist throughout the way to the clinic, the way he asked me out for lunch, the way his hand slipped into mine and the way his lips desperately came in contact with me, all added up to only one conclusion. That he might too have feelings for me. Maybe just faint feelings, maybe he just developed those feelings? I don't know.

I just hope this doesn't make things awkward between us but as the silence is stretching between us, I think that is what's going to happen. After a treacherous walk, we enter the empty corridors of uni, probably because everyone is already in class and Dan breaks the silence.

"So, will you come to the party tonight?" He asks casually, as if nothing happened between us.

"Uhm, parties aren't really my thing. I don't even know anyone so I don't think so." I tell him honestly, a little paranoid about how this conversation is going.

"You'll know me?" He says in a soft tone, taking a step towards me, and placing his hands on my hips. What the hell?

"I uhm, I don't," I stutter and he leans down pressing a kiss to my lips, and pulling away too soon.

"Think about it," He kisses my cheek and walks to his class leaving me confused and blushing.

**

"What the hell dude, where were you guys? And what the fuck is that on your finger?" PJ yells at me for abandoning him, as we walk to our next class.

"Stop swearing will you?" I scold him. I am already flustered, I don't want PJ to add on to my tension.

"Sorry, where were you?" He asks again, much more civilised than before as we walk around the corridors, as there are still ten minutes for the next class the start.

"We just had some mexican food and I got bitten by a squirrel so we had to go to the doctor." I tell him half the truth.

"Hold on, why did a squirrel bite you?" He questions.

"I am an idiot, that's why." I sigh, looking around for any sign of Dan but he isn't there. Thank god.

"Wouldn't argue with that." PJ laughs and I roll my eyes at him. I take a sip out of my water bottle after PJ gulps half of it, and then I remember about the party.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yeah, you want to come? It is at the frat house this time there will be more people that you know." PJ tries to convince me.

"You'll know me?" Dan had said. No. I am not going to the party I have already had enough today.

"No, I'm good." I decline and we walk to the last class of the day.

--
THIS BOOK IS ON 500 READS I DONT EVEN????