Chapter 2 - Sarah

Oh crap, I thought, Sarah was Nicks girlfriend, I didn't hate her, I mean I didn't like her either, but whenever she was over Nick treated me like even crappier crap than he usually did, I think it's something with guys trying to prove they're tough, morons. I walked up to the house and carefully opened the door, hoping they wouldn't hear so I could sneak into my room. I stepped inside and tentatively closed it.

"Abigail?" Oh crap he heard me.

"Yes?" I responded, hoping he was just confirming my presence, and would let me go hide in my bedroom.

"Get me and Sarah drinks would you?" Well, enough for hiding in my room

"Sure," I fake a smile and walk into the living room where they are sitting, far too close in my personal opinion, and ask, "what would you like?"

"I'll just have water thank you." Sarah replied, yep that just about sums her up, "and Nick? What would you like?" I ask keeping that horrible sarcastic smile plastered on my face.

"Beer." He bluntly retorted.

"No Nick, I'm not getting you beer, you're underage, and I don't think we have beer in this home, do you want, like, soda or something?"

"I don't give a crap about being underage, if I want a beer you get me a beer, understood?"

"That doesn't change the fact that we don't have any."

"Ugh, you're so useless, come on I'll show where it is." He stood up from the couch and grabbed my hair, dragging me along behind him to the garage. I followed him grabbing the roots of my hair and attempting to pull it back down to calm the pain rushing through my scalp. Once in the garage, he used his grip on my hair to throw me to the ground. I'm going to be honest, that hurt. "Sweetie," Nick said crouching down to my level, " do you see that fridge over there?" He pointed toward the corner of the garage, where there was a mini-fridge. I nodded, "that's where the beer is." He finished smiling sadistically at me. I pulled myself up and walked over to the fridge grabbed one for him then walked back inside.

I poured Sarah a glass of water then walked upstairs to my room. I hate it here. Nick hates me, his parents hate me. The world hates me. I hate me. I sat on my bed crying, and I fell asleep.

I woke up an hour or 2 later because Nick slammed the door to my room open, "Yes Nick?" I asked rubbing my eyes and yawning.

"You are so pathetic you know that right?" Nick asked standing over my bed, "Sarah dumped me. She dumped me. This is all your fault you pathetic waste of space!" Nick yelled, I scooted into the corner of my bed against the wall, and Nick climbed on my bed.

"Please get off." I said softly, looking up at Nick who stood in his knees, towering above me. "I'm sorry that Sarah broke up with you, I really am, but its not my fault. I didn't try to break you up. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I broke down into tears again. He's right, I am pathetic.

"It is your fault! It's all your fault, you're ugly, awkward, unhelpful and rude. Whenever you come home and Sarah is here, you ruin everything! You kill the mood and ugh, why?! Why are you even here?! Why my parents can just get another kid for the 500, why you?! I hate you!" Nick glared at me as I was now sobbing uncontrollably, slinking back in my corner.

"Yeah, why don't they just send me back? It would be better for all of us anyway! I might actually get a decent family this time!" I yelled, I'm angry, angry at Nick for everything, angry at my parents for being morons, angry at the Walters for being cruel. "You know what Nick?! I hate you too, I hate you, I hate your family, I freaking hate how you treat me, I'm a person, can't you see that?!" I continued to yell at Nick, "why can't you see that?" I asked, my voice getting quieter and weaker.

"SHUT UP! Nick yelled, I cowered back into my corner, but that didn't stop him from kneeing me in the gut, I doubled over in pain, I already have a bruise there from earlier. "You. Are. A. Waste. Of. Space." He took a break between each word to punch me . Once he was finished he got up and walked out like nothing ever happened, leaving me crying In a ball in the corner of my bed.

Hi! So apparently people are reading this crap! Yay! My apologies, it's my first, so it's not very good. Don't worry, the whole book won't simply be her getting beat up, things will start to look up soon!

Thanks for reading!

-Abi