Chapter Thirteen

{Chapter Thirteen}

"Hey, uh, it's me. I mean me Ian, not like someone named Me... That would be such a weird name though don't you think? Me. I would hate to have to go around and be like, ''hey, I'm Me, it's nice to meet you'' maybe that would be cool though. I don't know. I'm going to shut up now. Um, call me back when you can, I'd like to spend the day with you. I'll talk to you later, I hope. I mean I'm not trying to assume or anything. I'm gonna shut up now. Bye."

Beep!

I laugh at the message Ian left me while I was in the shower. I love how much he rambles, it's so cute. Immediately though I feel a stab of guilt because not three hours ago I was kissing Jer and barely even thought about Ian. That's not fair to him, I know it's not. He deserves someone who will care about him, just him. Not someone who's constantly thinking about how he wants some other guy.

I sigh and pull on my black shirt before I call Ian. The phone rings three times and I wonder briefly if he's busy but he answers in the middle of the next ring.

"Hey," I greet immediately.

"Hey, I wasn't expecting you to call back so soon. I mean I didn't not expect you to call, I knew you would. But I thought you were busy. I mean, maybe you were ignoring me. I don't know. I wouldn't know though because I'm not like stalking you or something. That would be weird. I'm not weird. I mean, I probably am but I don't intend to be. I'm not weird enough to stalk you. Unless you want me to. But I don't think you would want that. Would you? I mean, who would want someone to stalk them?"

"Ian," I interrupt with a new round of laughter.

"Right, rambling. I'll go ahead and shut up." He adds nervously and I laugh some more before I sober up.

"Well I called to say I'd love to spend some more time with you today." I say.

"Oh, great. I didn't think you would, not that I doubt that you'd want to spend time with me but because I thought maybe you would be busy. You weren't busy though so that's cool." He replies and I nod with a smile on my face.

"It definitely is, so what did you want to do?" I ask in amusement.

"Oh you can just come over and we can find something to do." He says and I shrug even though he obviously can't see it.

"Alright, I'll be there in a few." I hang up and gather my stuff before leaving the house, telling Mom I'm going to be with friends. I get in my car, pull out of the driveway and begin driving towards Ian's house. I fiddle with the radio at a stoplight to find something good to listen to while I drive. I settle on a station playing Fall Out Boy and begin driving when the light turns green.

I park behind a black Acura that I've never seen before. It gives me a pause and I stare at it for a moment before I get out of the car. I briefly wonder if they have a guest or something but I brush it off because I'll find out in a few moments anyway. I get out of the car and walk across the frostbitten lawn, feeling slightly bad for walking on the grass rather than the steps but I doubt they care too much.

When I reach the door I knock twice and wait. And wait. After a few more minutes I raise my hand to knock again in case they didn't hear but Ian answers and I sigh in relief.

"For a minute I thought you might have left or something." I say honestly in greeting. Ian arcs a brow but shrugs a minute later.

"Why would I leave? That wouldn't be very nice. Well anyway, come on in." He ushers me in and I follow him through the warm hall.

"Ian?" I hear Mr. Kelly call out and notice Ian roll his eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Come in here." Ian sighs but leads the way through the hall into the living room. I pause a minute when I realize Mr. Kelly isn't alone. A rather large man, who must be well over six feet tall with bulging muscles everywhere, pitch black hair and bright green eyes is sitting in the couch close to Mr. Kelly. His green eyes look away from his book for a moment to glance at our entrance, but his eyes lock on me for so long I begin to fidget.

"What's up, Dad?" Ian asks. Mr. Kelly grabs an envelope from the table and holds it to Ian.

"This came in the mail today, I forgot to give it to you earlier." Mr. Kelly replies while Ian takes the envelope and scans it before shrugging. He opens his mouth to reply to his father but the stranger interrupts him.

"Who's your friend?" the stranger demands, his voice rough as if he has something stuck in his throat, or maybe he's just a smoker. In any case whoever this man is, he's ten times more intimidating than Mr. Kelly, which is surprising because Mr. Kelly is pretty intimidating himself. Ian seems to realize something and laughs a bit.

"Oh yeah, I forgot you two never met. This is my," he pauses to glance at me hesitantly and I urge him with my eyes to go ahead and continue. "Boyfriend, he's uh my boyfriend Levy. Levy this is my dad Owen." He says and I stare between the three in confusion because I would have sworn Ian said his dad remarried... oh.

I stare at Ian's two dads, realizing something very scary. If I hurt this kid, I'm going to die by the hands of both these men. It was okay when it was just Mr. Kelly, but now there's, well another Mr. Kelly, a more intimidating Mr. Kelly who could squash me like a bug.

"Shit," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that?" The man asks and I clear my throat quickly.

"It's really nice to meet you," I manage to say, still thinking of all the ways these two men will kill me when I hurt their son. I am so screwed. I might as well have my parents plan my funeral now, order the tombstone, and of course I have to make my will.

"Yeah right, you look like you're about to pi--"

"Owen, leave the poor kid alone. Go ahead and go upstairs. Ah, but keep the door open." Mr. Kelly, er, uh the less intimidating Mr. Kelly tells us and Ian nods. He drags me up to his room and closes the door a bit, leaving it barely cracked. I sit on his bed and scrub a hand down my face.

"I didn't know you had two dads." I state dumbly. Ian glances at me and tilts his head to the side in confusion.

"Oh, I would have sworn I told you. Maybe not. Well yeah, Owen has always been my dad's friend and a few years after my mom passed away they began to date. I mean, it was kind of weird to start referring to the man I always called uncle as dad but he's pretty awesome." Ian explains and I laugh.

"He's pretty intimidating." I state, laughing nervously as I remember how fricken' big that man is. He could break my neck with one hand, I swear.

"He's not intimidating, he's just kind of tall. He's not all bad honestly, he's like a big bunny. He just looks creepy, and sounds a bit creepy. But once you get to know him you'll love each other." He explains and I resist the urge to snort because I doubt I'll ever love that man. Jeez, just those harsh green eyes that seemed to want to obliterate me on the spot will haunt me for eternity.

"Sure," I mutter and Ian laughs, before coming over to sit next to me.

"Don't worry about it right now." Ian says before his arms wrap around my waist. I glance at him before kicking off my shoes, pulling him into my arms, and leaning back on his bed. He rests his head against my chest and I kiss the top of his head. I close my eyes and tighten my hold on him because although I know I'm going to hurt him, even though I know we won't last, I want to protect him, want to hold him, make him happy. Because I'm in love with him.

I love him.