amortentia

warning!! most of these suck because i wrote them two years ago sorry.

"Potter, stop it. You're messing up the potion."

Harry put up his hands in defense. He shifted carefully in his chair as he watched Malfoy put the last of the ingredients in the cauldron.

"Alright, class. Now that you've finished your potion I want to smell the potion and tell your partner what you smell."

Professor Snape, told the students what they were doing today. Which is the Amortentia Potion. Technically it's supposed to tell you what person you truly desire or are attracted to by the scent.

Harry turned his head slightly only to see Malfoy wipe the sweat from his forehead, from the heat of the cauldron. He might be a slimy git but he is very helpful in this class.

Harry already knew who he was going to smell. That would be his lovely girlfriend Ginny. He was attracted to her very greatly. Or at least he thinks so.

Draco put the very last ingredient in and stir the potion three times counter clockwise. His hair hanging in front of his eyes as he did so.

"Hand me that vial Potter," Draco asked while writing things down on the parchment. Harry grabbed the vial and laid it down next to Draco.

He picked up the vail and put the potion in very carefully, not to spill any.

"Go ahead smell it," Harry gestured.

Draco slowly rises it up to his nose and sniffed it. He scrunched up his nose in confusion.

"What do you smell?" Harry asked Draco.

"Uh, nothing. It's nothing."

Obviously he didn't want Harry to know. Draco could lie, but not this time. He handed the potion towards Harry and he grasped it with firm hands. He led the vial up to his nose, and tried to make sense of the smell. He smelled: Vanilla, burning firewood, silk, and hair gel? That was definitely not Ginny, but a certain blonde headed boy sitting right next to him.  

"So?" Draco urged him on.

"Er, I smelled roses, strawberries, plants, and lavender." Harry said trying to get Ginny's scent accurate. After he said he could've sworn he saw the pain in Draco's eyes. But he pushed that thought away.

After class, Harry followed Ron and Hermione into the Great Hall for lunch. As he was making his way to the Gryffindor table he saw a pair of silver eyes staring at him from the other table. He turned his head and they made eye contact that felt like years, Harry was pulled out of his trance at the feeling of Ron patting his shoulder.

"Oi mate," Ron said while grabbing a plateful of sandwiches. Harry hummed in response still trying to make sense of today's potions class.

He couldn't have smelled Malfoy? Could he? Why did Malfoy keep staring at him? Did he know of what he smelled? He couldn't have.

Hermione obviously saw the distraught on Harry's face.

"You ok, Harry?" Hermione asked putting her book down.

"Um, yeah. It's just today's potion class."

"By the way 'arry, who did you smell during Amortentia?" Ron asked with a mouthful of food.

"Er-I couldn't quite make sense of the scent, so I have no idea." Harry tried to make that sound believable. Ron bought it.

"So, it wasn't Ginny?" Ron asked fully paying attention.