2.10

CHAPTER TEN

Back Home

- - - - -

The couple watched the girl play with her dolls on the living room floor

The couple watched the girl play with her dolls on the living room floor. She was only nine, under the impression she was now apart of a loving family. The man scratched his neck tattoo just under his shirt collar, the black ink coloured the outline of the infamous Hydra symbol. The woman turned her back to the girl, facing the kitchen counter where a black computer lay open.

The figure on the screen was explaining their mission. A mission for life. They were to keep the girl, hold her until her abilities were made known. And when they did, she was to become their most prized weapon. Apart from the Winter Soldier, of course. Her biological parents were taken care off a long time ago.

Ana lifted her head, her eyes twinkling with excitement when she heard the cries of a new born. She dropped her dolls and stood in her sneakers and ran out the front door.

"Mrs. Parker!" She called, her brown hair swinging in its ponytail. She waved at the woman who carried a new born in her arms. Mr Parker shut the door to his car and placed a hand on her shoulder.

He smiled at her warmly, "Ana, would you like to meet Peter?" He asked. She giggled and shyly swayed with her hands behind her back, her blue dress brushing her bruised knees.

Mary smiled at her and nodded her head to the house, "Come on sweetie, where's you're mom and dad?" She asked as Richard took Ana's hand and walked inside the house.

Ana smiled, "Talking to the man on the computer. I think they leaving for work again." She said. She hurriedly went to Mary's side when she sat in the couch, Peter waking up in her arms.

Ana peered down at the boy and grinned, "Hello Peter, my name is Ana. Can you say it? A-n-a." She sounded out, expecting the little boy to say her name.

Richard and Mary chuckled at her. Peter just cooed, as he clutched Ana outstretched finger. She tickled him with her other hand and giggled as Peter smiled and giggled along with her.

"Peter Parker, I will be your best-ess friend when you grow up. I will always take care of you." She declared. She leaned down and have him a kiss on his forehead, smiling when he gave her an open mouth smile.

- - -

Ana smiled, stepping out of the taxi and giving Dopinder a twenty dollar bill. She turned back to face her house, it still looked the same after a few months. She wanted to get inside, sit down with a bunch of snacks and watch Netflix all day. Her eyes trailed to the one next to hers and she made a mental note to visit the residents.

Ana grabbed her bag off the ground and walked to her house, unlocking the door and stepping inside. She set her keys on the table beside the wall and walked in further to the living room. She threw her bag onto the couch and plonked down on it. Her hand reached for the remote and she turned the tv on, the news already reporting on the New York incident.