3.1

CHAPTER ONE

Back At It

- - - - -

After touching down in Washington D

After touching down in Washington D.C., Ana made her way to the Triskelion, the state of the art SHIELD facility. There she was directed to Director Fury's office for further duties. She hadn't been in the Triskelion since the first day she joined SHIELD, it certainly upgraded from then.

On her way to the elevator, she noticed all the stares thrown her way. Some were in awe, finally seeing her with their own eyes. They heard the stories about a superhuman girl that helped save New York, and actually getting a glimpse of another Avenger in their office was a real treat. But the other stares, Ana couldn't decipher at all. It gave her the creeps and she quickly stepped into the elevator.

When the doors closed, the screen next to the doors blinked, as if it was waiting for her to say something. Ana stepped closer to it, remembering the woman who directed her to the elevator say that she had to state her name and level.

"Michaels, Ana. Level seven." She stated, watching as the screen blinked and turned green, the elevator moving up.

Ana leaned on the bars, the ground getting farer as she stared down at it. Her hands made a clink noise when it touched the bar and she looked down at the thin metal bands Peter gave her. He said he made it and it was supposed to help her climb buildings, since she couldn't fly like Iron Man. He said a lot of science-y words and showed her how to use them. For the rest of her last day, they climbed up walls testing it out, but Aunt May caught them and told them to stay put and stopping scratching her newly painted walls.

Peter also hinted that Tony would be impressed by them and made her promise she would give in a good word for him, he wanted to work for Stark Industries. Ana had smiled at him and agreed, loving the way his face lit up. It was just before she left for Washington, that she realised her dagger ability was gone. She suspected it was because the sceptre's energy had faded away, it being no longer in her system. And she was grateful. She didn't want another weird ability.

When the elevator stopped, the doors slid open revealing Nick Fury. Ana walked out of the elevator and shook his outstretched hand, "Hey, boss. Is that a new coat?" She asked.

Fury just smirked and motioned her to follow him, "Ana, great to have you back. There's a reason why I called you in," They entered his office and Ana whistled at all the tech. He sat at his desk as Ana stood at the other end, her hands in her denim jacket pockets.

"A mission, right?" She looked at him, as he pulls out a black folder and handed it to her. She opened it as he explained, "Georges Batroc, a top Algerian assassin. Skilled military tactician, having formerly been in the French Foreign Legion. He and his men hijack the Lemurian Star that contained SHIELD agents and taken them as hostages. He then demanded a ransom for them and the carrier that contains... valuable SHIELD information."