Popping The Question

Nothing for me to say today, fellow readers! Enjoy reading!

S. A. A

_______________________

I was surprised to say the least.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"You," I motioned towards his lean body before continuing

"Need a favour from me?" I ended the question with my eyebrows raised.

"That's what I said, right?" He shot back, his eyebrow raised in a similar manner. My eyebrows furrowed even deeper by his reply. I was beyond confused.

"W-what?" I stuttered. What kind of favour would a person like him need from a person like me.

Aaron frowned slightly, raising a slender eyebrow.
"I'd thought you'd be smarter than this," he muttered more to himself than me.

"Excuse me for not being psychic." I retorted, glaring at Aaron with all the resentment I could muster. Rather than faltering at my gaze, however, Aaron simply laughed at this, my frustration growing even more by this simple action. All of a sudden, he placed a hand on my shoulder, his blue gaze levelling with my own and I narrowed my eyes at the touch.

"I...Need... A...Favour...From...You" Aaron enunciated his words slowly as if he was talking to a five year old; even going as far as to make gestures with his hand as he did so.

I gaped incredulously and swatted his hand away, offended by his condescending tone.
"I know what you meant!" I whisper-shouted, making sure to not attract attention from other people in the hallway. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off, holding a hand up to his face.

"And in regards to your 'favour', let me answer before you ask- it's a no." I snapped, putting emphasis on the word 'favour'.

He smiled at this slightly, his lips quirking up slowly.
"But, you don't even know what I was gonna ask?" He questioned curiously, before leaning his left shoulder against the neighbouring locker

I grimaced at his relaxed stance before clearing my throat and straightening my posture.
"Well, it's not hard to read you. Knowing your reputation, I either have to do your homework or sleep with you and I feel inclined to say no to both." I let out, turning my head slightly up. In his eyes, I may be viewed on the low end of his constructed social hierarchy, but all that meant nothing to me.

He simply blinked after my words, taking in my mini speech before breaking into a fit of laughter. My anger grew in that split second as i glared at him, yet either he took no notice or ignored it, stroking a rough hand through his hair.

"Sleep with me? That is most definitely not what I meant," he managed to say between laughs.

I rolled my eyes in an act of annoyance yet I could feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassment. I hadn't meant to insinuate that; I had just meant to offer him a scathing reply. Yet, now I couldn't help but feel slightly offended that such a notion could be considered laughable and I shook my head to clear the familiar hit to my self-esteem, looking up to see Aaron smirking down at me.

"That wasn't the favour I was going to ask, but if that was the first thing that came to your mind, I think I can arrange something," he spoke in a joking voice, leaning in closer to my body. He raised an eyebrow and winked teasingly. I blushed profusely at his words before recomposing myself and pushed him back by his shoulders. He didn't even stumble, yet he got the message and moved back, the smirk still in place.

"Woah, hold your horses, Romeo. If I do ever think of you, it won't be good things, trust me." I grumbled, eying his close form with disdain.. Never before had I let anyone else get that close to me in proximity, so The Golden Boy was no exception. Instead of being fazed at my blatant insult at his reputation, Aaron smirked again- an action that I begrudgingly accepted suited him far too well.

Wait. What?

His voice interrupted my thoughts.
"Hold your horses? Does that line still exist?" He raised an eyebrow questioningly at my choice of words. I scowled at him yet, instead of giving him a befitting reply with a heavy doze of sarcasm, I merely rolled my eyes. Such an answer was all he deserved.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me like that?"

Aaron's teasing tone broke through the silence and I blushed again with a glare, despite not committing the act. To think I would be staring like that at the golden boy of the school- scratch that, to think I would be having this conversation at all is completely not something I thought would be happening, not today; not any day. I looked up at him to see him raising an eyebrow at me and, unsurprisingly, smirking at me again.

I pulled at the hem of my shirt, in frustration.
"I wasn't even-"

"Don't worry," he interrupted my rant before it could continue, waving it off with his hand.

"I'm used to it," he shrugged his shoulders obnoxiously as if the thought of being "attractive" was a burden.

I scoffed at his cockiness, pulling my bag up higher on my shoulder. He watched me intently as I did so.
"Careful, Aaron. If your head gets any bigger, you won't be able to fit into those designer shirts of yours." I grumbled in a dry tone to which he laughed, looking down to his attire with furrowed brows.

"What do you take me for?" He questioned, almost rhetorically and I had just about enough of this long-winded conversation, tutting in frustration.

"What's the favour, Aaron?" I questioned, impatiently. He had to be quicker than this, if he wanted any semblance of help. I had to go or else I'd be late for-

He spoke again, interrupting my thoughts.
"Yeah, I know it's a lot to ask, but I really need your help," the seriousness in his voice made my heart skip a beat. Now I was really curious. Something about his tone sounded distant and somewhat... sad.

"What is it?" I asked, carefully, the curiosity getting to me. Although I was curious, I was also scared to what the 'favour' might be. I, myself, hadn't ever had the pleasure of getting to know him, but the rumours seemed to be enough to give me a gist of what he was like. If they were even a little true, then even I couldn't guarantee his 'favour' would be something in my favour.

He looked me in the eyes just then, my brain tirade ending as I gazed into his sapphire-like eyes. His stare was so intense, I thought my knees were going to give out. He opened his mouth to speak, but shut it again, as if he was contemplating how to phrase his sentence. As if his mind had been made up, he exhaled slowly before saying the unexpected.

"I need you to be my girlfriend."