Chapter 16 || Masquerade Ball

❝ Love takes of mask that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within❞

Chapter 16: Masquerade Ball 

"Prince Felix what are you doing here?" I rush downstairs towards him. He looks so worried, something is wrong I hope everything is fine.

"It's the kingdom, I need your help" He says breathlessly.

"Me, what can I do?" I ask hoping I can help in any other way. What was happening to the kingdom, I hope everything is fine, Oh god I hope Ryder hasn't done anything. Before he can say anything I make Felix come to my room so if Ryder comes out of nowhere he won't catch us.

I lock the door behind us and tell him to take a seat. "It's the kingdom our strength and community members are slowly disappearing, I think the Eurynome clan is back to attack us. You know the ancient history right. I am telling you because you know you must inform Ryder, it's been long and it's your duty to take care of our people too". He sighs, and looks at me with fear in his eyes. Firstly my brain just can't understand what he just spoke about it all doesn't make sense, secondly who is Eurynome.

"I'm sorry... but what?" I ask, totally confused. This makes him grin as if he has accomplished something as if he gained a metal or something. He gets up and crosses his arms together looking at me. I stare back awkwardly, confusion flaring my mind.

"I knew it!" he shook his head.

"Knew what?"

"Ryder isn't Ryder at all!" He frowns in disappointment, I look at him my eyebrows furrow in severe confusion. How is this supposed to help? He continue speaking, "I guess you don't know how History. I mean if Ryder was who he actually is his real duty was to inform his mate right from the start, we all were taught at a young age but obviously Ryder would have if he was really him... get it?" he says sitting beside me.

"I – I know what you mean but what is the history? What is our packs stuff...?" I say, not understanding anything.

"Well you see, back when I was young and Justin, and Ryder we were all three cousins. At that time there was a war going on with the demons known as the Eurynome who decided to take over our kingdom since my father's father was half a powerful sorcerer and a werewolf. My father has some powers but we have all my grandfather's power contained locked in our kingdom. As young kids we three were very close Justin's Grandfather was my Grandfather Brother so they both were the Alpha's of two joined pack. That is why our packs are linked together. Now you see we beat the Eurynome but they promised to be back after 10 years. I am afraid they are back and I am assuming, well it is just a thought I think Ryder maybe has something to do with this..." he tells me a whole damn story I didn't know. I gulp down nervously thinking about Ryder's action, his words whenever he is drunk and what Faith said. This is definitely not Ryder.

I look at Felix whose eyes are mixed with worries and fear, "like how did they attack? Why did they I mean just because you grandfather had powers... it's still confusing..." I mutter.

"It all started at the masquerade ball, back when we were just 10 years old. The Demons broke the ball and threatened for my Grandfathers power. He denied and that is when they all declared for war right at the moment. Everything stopped and people started to scream yell, I remember us three crouched in the corner as we saw those huge black spirit kill every single member one by one. My grandfather fought for his people yet he didn't know why, with fighting and yelling at them to tell him at once why they were hear, they said that they want to destroy every inch of supernatural that live here. My grandfather fought but he got killed, I was shivering the whole time and then I saw dad appear, he somehow managed to get magic out of him and defeat all the demons which shocked everyone and himself. The last demon said they will come back for all the magic, and my dad has it stored with him in the secretive place of the castle." He says.