012. yearning

EUNSEO 은서
ZION.T / EAT

the same routine reoccured over the past two weeks.

wake up, eat, lay in bed, maybe watch the stars if i felt good that day, and go back to sleep. occasionally hyejeong would come around, as she wanted to take advantage of being in busan and spending all the time she can with me. but i wouldn't talk most of the time. it was only her who talked, a lot. about what she did that day, about our past, about jimin. but i didn't mind. occasionally jungkook would text me or call, and they would mostly end because i didn't feel like talking. when i did, he had to leave for his next schedule.

jungkook let me know this morning that he was coming back home for a while. he told me that his parents were busy, so i would be the first person to visit during his stay here.

when i opened my door, i saw that jungkook's eyes were bloodshot with dark circles and droopy eyelids. he greeted me with a soft smile and my first response was to let him lay down in my bed for a while, because i could tell how exhausted he was.

i sat beside him, and his body faced mine. his soft hand brushed mine, and it shouldn't have gotten a reaction from me but it sent shivers down my spine. i brought my hand to my lap until he grabbed my wrist and placed it back where it was, except this time he held my hand in his. "can i hold your hand," he paused, "just this once?" although the action had already been fulfilled, i nodded in response, peering down at his thumb that was grazing my skin.

he shut his eyes, and i almost feel pity. "you must be really tired." he hummed, and i sigh.

"did you eat, eunseo?"

"yeah," i mutter, and he replied with an okay. i changed my position from sitting up to lying down, and in the process he refused to let go of my hand. i was now facing him, gazing at his eyelashes that fluttered against his cheekbones. our faces were extremely close, close to the point where i could feel his breath against my skin. "jimin's taking me drinking this weekend. i'm probably going to hate it."

"oh— i didn't know that he was coming back home, too."

"we all went home. except taehyung, his family is overseas so he's crashing at jimin's." he replied, earning another oh from me. "eunseo," he breathed, and our eyes lock.

"what would you do if i told you i love you?"

i didn't know what to say, but my only response was to pin him against the headboard and smash my lips onto his.

(unedited)