21. Lost

After I went to the hill top and screamed to my heart's contents, I went back to Edenfield.

Dylan was nowhere to be seen by the time I came back. I was a bit surprised to not see him.

At least, he knows when to not show up. I think I would have lost it if I saw him again.

My supper was already on the table with Ms Bragge sleeping on a chair in the dinning room. I put the dishes away and woke Ms Bragge up by gently shaking her shoulder. I told her I had eaten my dinner and then she went to her room.

Ms Bragge has been very careful with my diet and health. It is kind of annoying for a few times(okay, maybe a lot of times), but it's nice to have that reassurance that somebody cares about you dearly.

Besides, her constant nagging about my eating habits did help when Mother Nature confirmed that I'm a girl, not that there was any need for it.

Good times.

I might not be close to her but I can't be away from her, either.

After that interval, I don't know how but my body instantly fell asleep once flopped onto the bed. I was glad that this time even my mind agreed that I needed sleep.

When I woke up this morning, I sighed in relief to see that there were no dark rings under my eyes.

I am now in English class, sitting in my usual seat at the front. When there are only about five minutes left, Ethan slides into the class and sits beside me.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," I give him a short reply. I suspect that Ethan is now used to to my short replies as he shortly nods and proceeds to his bag.

Even by our brief hey interaction, I notice a guy looking towards me. Ethan is too busy taking out his books.

I give the anonymous guy my usual death glare and he suddenly looks away.

Works all the time.

A few minutes later our English teacher, Mrs Poppins, comes.

Yeah, even I got reminded of a particular fictional character by the surname Poppins.

Today, she just gives us an argumentative essay of just one thousand words to write in class.

We are allowed to discuss our essay ideas with our partner next to our seat.

Ethan and I discuss a few ideas before we start on our work.

As I write, my mind seems to get lost into some unknown ifinity that I haven't experienced in quite some time.

"What's wrong? You're spacing out a lot," Ethan asks me.

"Nothing. I just-the usual...." I whisper back at him.

"It's a good thing that Mrs Poppins's been cleaning her glasses since she gave us work, otherwise she'd have seen you staring at your paper for the last ten minutes." He taps the non-existent watch on his wrist.

"I guess. Thanks for the observation update, Ethan."

He smirks at me, "I'm an observant person, Ms Knightley.
Anyways, Allison and I were wondering when to gather up for the.... journal. You said that Henry wanted to converse with us."

"Tomorrow at Edenfield?"

"Sure. Wait, you've already asked Dylan if he's free?"

"Why would we need him?" I ask, frowning a bit.