#54 Crash ( Part 3 )

You stared at him in pure terror, his body was thinner than usual, his skin was a pale skin tone, his lips were cracked and his eyes held tightly together.

Tears lined your eyes and threatened to fall but you wouldn't let them. You were strong, and you believed Thomas could make it threw this.

You sat down in the chair beside his bed and held his hand, gripping it tightly. Your heart beat sped up as you came to the sad reality about what was happening. 

You began to cry, your world fell apart slowly in the glimmering sense that nothing was okay. 

Belief was a warrior when everything came crumbling to a disaster. The belief that you could move on,  you could carry on living with Thomas. Belief that Thomas would be fine, he would wake up and heal. 

The unfortunate reality of life is you have to move on, Nothing will ever stay the same. Things have to level out every once awhile.  

The stripes of plastic sticking through Thomas's skin made you shiver, the way his body melted into the bad as if he had lost every muscle in his body.  

You ran your hand up to his head and slipped your fingers through his hair. Feeling every individual strand of greasy unwashed hair. 

You spit the words "i love you" out of your mouth quietly, whispering the words gently to yourself over and over again as if you had gone completely mental. You saw a piece of paper lying on the table side beside his death bed. It was torn and ripped but you reached for it slowly, taking it into your hand and looking at it slowly.

The paper was torn in the middle and the other half was missing, but the words read "i lov" in messy printing. 

You knew somehow that it was Thomas who had wrote it, you didn't know how or when but he had written it. Thomas's printing was never very neat and the thought of his flaws made you giggle to yourself through your tears.

Suddenly, the world seemed to melt. The life machine that had been keeping Thomas breathing this entire time had just stopped. A long beep continued through the hallways of the hospital and bounced off the walls of the room. 

You could almost physically feel your heart crumble and you collapsed into your thoughts. You stared at your husband with no tears, a terrified look splattered across your face. 

You stared at him in shock

"... i'm pregnant" you whispered.