24

Dan Howell

After the literature teacher decide to not show up, which was a major dick move, our classes got switched around. We had drama last now, which was honestly annoying me because I was looking forward to spend some time with Phil alone, without PJ hovering over him.

My geometry class goes by in a blur, again resulting in me not understanding anything the teacher had written on the board. The usual. I don't even know why I took this class. I don't even like math or shapes. My legal studies class is next and I actually look forward to it. It is interesting and I enjoy that class even though I don't really know anyone in that class. I scribble down a few notes, and turn in my assignments before going to the canteen and grabbing a coffee and making my way to drama.

Phil is not there when I enter the half empty class, and I half expected him to be sitting in the middle somewhere, his papers taken out and his face pulled in concentration. What the hell? Why am I thinking about how Phil would be sitting? I smack my head and enter the class, taking a seat in the middle somewhere. The bell has rung after five minutes and Phil still hasn't entered. My eyes are fixed at the door, waiting for him to come but instead the drama teacher walks in.

"I am so sorry I didn't show up yesterday," He apologises as if anyone even wanted him to come. I roll my eyes as he begins to take the attendance. He is literally the only person who takes attendance and doesn't just straight away asks the students to sign the roster before leaving. Weird.

"Philip Lester," He calls, and I jump a little when I hear his voice.

"Present!" He huffs. I look at him and his cheeks are flushed pink. "Sorry I'm late," he apologises.

"It's okay, take a seat." The professor smiles at him and Phil apologises again before looking around. His eyes meet mine for less than a second before he looks away. I half expected him, no scratch that, I did fully expect him to take the empty seat beside me, but instead he just goes to the back of the room and takes a seat beside a funny looking guy.

What the hell? Did he not notice that I had actually saved a seat for him? What a dick. I huff in annoyance, as the teacher starts the class.

"Okay so today we're doing something fun," The teacher exclaims. He comes up with the most ridiculous ideas and I am not really looking forward to what he has in mind.

"We're doing a bonding exercise, for which you will be in pairs," Great. " basically what you have to do is visit a place with your partner and maintain a journal. You can do whatever you like, volunteering, sight seeing anything you like. Click pictures, write about it and submit it by Monday. I will give you a few places you can choose from and on the weekend you can go and visit those places." He says clapping his hands. How is that even related to drama? What the fuck is this teacher on about?

"Sir, can we choose our own partner?" A girl with glasses asks and the teacher shakes his head. "It's a bonding exercise for a reason," he smiles and I grunt.

I hate this.
--