25

Phil Lester

I didn't expect Dan to save a seat for me. Maybe it wasn't for me, maybe it was for his new interest Josephine. Seeing the way he was expectantly staring at me, I figured that he wanted me to take a seat next to him, but I was mad at him and I didn't really want to interact with him.

I take a seat next to the guy called Chris I think, and give him a little smile when he waves at me.

"Don't you think this teacher is a little crazy?" He mumbles. He seems sweet and I recall PJ talking about him. I don't think he's annoying? PJ is dumb.

"He is, I mean how does drama call for a bonding exercise?" I say and he shrugs nodding.

"Okay, I will call out your names one by one and you have to come here and take a slip out of this box," He shakes a giant plastic box full of colourful paper bits. Oh god. "And whosoever's name is on that slip, he/she will be your partner. Any doubts?" I think the class is extremely confused and don't even know what they don't understand so they just shake their head a no.

I make a small talk with Chris while the teacher begins to call names roll number wise and I can't help but look up when it's Dan's turn.

"Daniel," The teacher calls and a few people giggle.

"I prefer Dan." Dan spits and the teacher just politely smiles at him. He reaches into the jar pulling out a blue piece of paper. I swear to god if it is Jennet I am jumping out of the window. He just stares at the piece of paper for a few seconds not saying anything.

I knew it was Jennet.

"Who's name is it?" The teacher asks and he looks up locking his eyes with mine.

"Phil," He says and I curse at myself. I look away from him, trying not to blush as my extremely pale skin makes my embarrassment even more noticeable and prominent.

"You don't like the guy or something?" Chris asks me, his eyebrows knitted in confusion. It's the opposite actually.

"No, um, I am not really comfortable with him," I tell him half the truth and he sympathetically smiles at me.

"Sad," He comments, and I nod at him.

"Sad, indeed."

--
GET HER NAME RIGHT PHILIP