Just Give Me A Reason

So, that was how we ended where we were at this current moment in time. Me, on the floor, pulling my hair out and Aaron lying down on my bed, his phone hovering over his face.

I had previously hoped I could regret offering to hear him out in the confines and comfort of my own home, but of course, Aaron had other plans. After promising to tell me everything, ensued another half an hour discussion in which Aaron used all his charm to persuade me to let him over to talk through the plan.

And, Lord knows, he had a lot of charm.

Fortunely, Mom was out visiting one of her friends and I thanked the gods that at least something was going right today.

For the last half hour he'd been here, I had tried to bring the topic of his reasoning about his plan, but he had changed the subject swiftly, proving it was still a sore subject. It was either the avoidance or just blatantly ignoring me as he perused through his phone.

He spent the last 5 minutes texting his friends, not even bothering to offer me a coherent response and merely laughed at his phone, making my teeth grit in anger as I waited arms folded for his attention again. Yet Aaron paid no heed, so I chose then to voice my irritation again.

"Aaron!" I repeated, frustrated beyond belief from his lack of response. I made sure I said it louder this time.

"Yeah," he muttered, not even taking his eyes off the phone.

"My house isn't a bed and breakfast. Either spit it out or leave," I dully stated, I breathed through my nose, trying to keep my cool.

"Oh sorry, it's- fuck that's weird" he mumbled to himself, not even giving me a satisfying answer.

Okay! That is it! My anger had reached its limit way before this, but now, it was at an all-time high. I leaped off the floor and stomped my way to the bed. Yet, he still wasn't looking up at me. I grabbed the phone off of him and scowled at his lack of concentration.

"Okay, I seriously am trying to help you, but I can't if you're going to get distracted so easily! What are you doing that's so entertaining anyways?" I broke off mid-rant, turning the phone over to see what had the badboy's attention for the past half hour, but immediately regretted it. I let out a squeal, tossing the phone away from my face and to the floor. This made Aaron break out into laughter, which was probably the first real response I had gotten from him this entire time.

I should've seen that coming. I mean, he is the player of Redwood High. I can't imagine girls sending him pictures of rainbows and unicorns. Even so, I still couldn't help the bile that rose to my throat. To think he enjoyed that kind of thing. I glared at him and he stopped laughing.

"Sorry," he breathed, the laughter apparent in his tone, not even sounding the slightest bit sincere. I rolled my eyes, knowing he was just saying sorry to appease me. Typical. He seemed to realise my shift in mood and stood off the bed, our bodies close as he did so. He looked into my eyes with the same intense look he gave me earlier, but this time it was filled with something more- sincerity.

"Sorry," he repeated slowly. I shouldn't accept his apology. He was using my weakness, of getting flustered at male proximity, as an advantage and he knew it. He didn't even look interested in the favour that he asked of me. I should have kicked him out of my bedroom and house just then. But, some nagging feeling inside me pushed that thought away, arguing that he probably needed it just as much as I did.

"No, you're not." I said flatly, stepping away with him with a tired sigh, eyeing my pyjamas hung on my desk chair. What I would do to be fully showered and wearing them as I watched Netflix. I side-eyed Aaron to see the dim look in his eyes, one which seemed so uncharacteristic.