❉ one

Melanie Anderson

Its clearly stated that once an individual ages, their friends tend to have the craziest ideas to celebrate.

My best friends Rowen and Paisley had thought of taking me to a club, which ideally isn't a bad idea, but maybe a little over board in my opinion.

"This isn't even anything, a strip club would be overboard" Paisley said

She always interrupts when I'm in deep thoughts. She clearly knows what I think about all the time. Let's just say she's a mind reader.

"What do you plan on doing anyway, go out on a date with your fuck buddy, or 'stalker' as you put it " Rowen air quoted

Rowen on the other hand, she gives advice of all kinds of conflicts. Although, on certain times, she could be immature about anything.

She became my best friend as high school ended. For Paisley, she's been beside me since junior high.

Now all three of us live in an apartment together. It's weird how time flew by for us. Now back to Rowens remark.

"I was serious about that guys" I groaned as I sat up from my comfortable spot on the couch.

"We haven't seen him" Paisley said
"That's exactly what a stalker tries to avoid" I sighed

My best friends don't believe me but I know what I saw. Three weeks ago, ever since the midnight run to the gas station, a car has been following me.

As I was leaving, I tried losing the car but it was impossible. That was when it all began. Now, all I see is a guy everywhere, at the store, on the streets, haven't even seen his face.

Although, the only thing I spot is his hair escaping from his hoodie, and a jawline that is abnormally sharp.

-

"Hey Mel?" shouted Paisley from the bathroom.
"Yeah!" I yelled as I slouched on my bed while using my laptop.

"Do you think you can go to the drug store and buy shampoo? Or else my hair would be greasy for when we go to the club tonight!" she squeals

I look at the clock. It read 9 pm. How late do they want to go?
But I can't say no to that chick.

"Yeah I'll be back"
"You want me to join?" Rowen asked
I shook my head
"If you come you'll be stuck at the junk food section" I smirk and out the door.

The hallway had gotten darker, there was no noise, or cars honking. My body hasn't moved for a minute. I was freaking out.

Then there were footsteps. My heartbeat began to beat faster, my hands were shaking. As I turn a left towards the elevators, the door was open.

I know he knows where I live, no doubt about it. Ive always felt a presence behind me on my way to the apartment.

I ran inside and clicked the main floor button dozens of times.
The footsteps had sounded closer, including faster.
Hurry up elevator

As the door began to close, an arm got through so it wouldn't close. The grip of the hand frighten me. The door slowly reopened. Revealing the familiar man.

I quickly looked away, not wanting to make eye contact.

He vastly smirks but quickly changes expression. The door finally closes, it was quiet and mid dark.

From the corner of my eye, I keep eye at any movement he does, he scratches the back of his neck and fixes his hoodie.

The bell dings, we were now on the main floor and quickly left the elevator. As I opened the front door to get out, he hasn't moved.