6

Vince's face distorted in pain as the electrical volts traveled through his body and made him clench his jaw so tightly he was in danger of breaking his perfect teeth. Arms tied above his head, his body dangled rigidly below him with his feet just barely touching the ground, I watched him from the other side of the glass as he jolted from the excruciating pain. The power was then turned off and he went limp, breathing raggedly.

"I'm going to ask you again; Where is the USB?" The extractor, as we here at the more secret part of the CIA liked to call the people who specialized in extracting information, asked. Their ways and means of doing so were particularly nasty, hence the fact that we were in the secret part of the CIA. The place where human rights kinda lost its meaning at the door.

Vince simply just let his head hang tiredly and continued not to speak like he had for hours, but the vague smirk on his lips pissed the living hell out of me. Here he was, getting tortured, and he still looked as if he was having fun.

"We have all day, Mr Santino. Then there's tomorrow and the day after that as well, and so on. The sooner you give up the details of your operation, the sooner you'll be able to get down from there. So are you sure you don't want to start talking?"

When he didn't answer but only widened his smirk, that was it for me. While the extractor turned the power back on and electrocuted him again, I turned to the tall man standing next to me who was the man in charge of this operation. "Let me talk to him."

Perri, as his surname was, looked up from his papers and gave me a glance. "Why?"

"Because we have been at this for hours and he's not cracking. Plus, he seems to have a fondness of me. I might be able to persuade him to talk," I said, not lying. "You can keep monitoring me from here and have your guys over there tape the whole thing. I just want a shot. Give me fifteen minutes with him and I'll get him to sing."

Perri glanced back his men working the different machines, monitoring Vince's vitals and suchlike. He then looked back at me and gave me a hard glare. "You have ten minutes."

That was all I needed. He let the extractor know over his earpiece that I was swapping place with him, and after a moment the extractor walked out and looked at me. "What's happening, I almost had him!"

"This is Agent Wilkins, she'd like to give it a go. At this point, it can't harm."

The balding, old, creepy-looking extractor gave me a demeaning once-over and then scoffed. "She won't make him crack, much less speak!"

"You want to make that a bet?" I gave him a cocky glance before I unceremoniously walked inside the extraction room. My boots thumped against the linoleum floors as I came up to Vince. "Hello, Spaghetti. How's it hanging?"

He tiredly raised his head and then looked up at me, a sexy smirk lifting to his lips. "Hello, mia cara."

I imagined the extractor having a fit behind the spy glass. "How are you doing? Got time for a chat?"

"I don't know, I'm a little tied up at the moment."

"That was so cheesy."

"I'm Italian, we put cheese on everything." He smirked again when I rolled my eyes. "I've been waiting for you, tesoro. Are you going to try and extract me from information like Augus Filch tried to, or couldn't you just wait to get another glimpse of my body?"