nine

"No," Harry crossed his arms, "Fuck off, mate."

"Please." Liam grovelled, lacing his fingers together to prompt a gesture of mercy, "Harry, please. Tell him to come over."

"So you can fuck with his feelings again, yeah?" Harry snorted, throwing the rag over his shoulder, "Not likely."

"I won't! I swear, I just. I want to apologize, okay? And-- I want to understand why he's so upset over this."

"Because he's fucking infatuated with you! Since- I dunno'- bloody high school!" Harry raked a hand through his curls, smiling at the new customer, "Now, please. I have to attend to these customers since you've made Zayn an emotional wreck. Leave."

"No," Liam stated dubiously, "What do you mean he was infatuated with me since high school?"

Harry glowered at him and the new customer looked between the two men in confusion before turning around and exiting the coffee shop.

"You're forcing the customers to leave. Get out, Liam." Harry frowned, throwing the wet rag into the sink basin, "It's not my place to tell anyway."

"Harry, please." Liam pleaded, his face scrunched up once he looked at the clock, "Fuck. I have to pick Niall up in half an hour, please spare me the begging."

"Fine," Harry huffed, rubbing his temple, "Zayn's had this huge crush on you since high school. When you graduated before him, he was gutted. Thought he'd never see you again, yeah? But then he got this job after UNI; and was the happiest lad alive when you waltzed through that very door."

Harry jerked his thumb towards the coffee shop glass door, and Liam basked in warm nostalgia.

"Then, you came in with your girlfriend and Niall, and of course, his heart shattered again. He fell in love with Niall, but always had doubts about your little blonde friend; who left you the very next day."

Liam winced. Yeah, he was over that bitch, but Harry didn't have to yank the bandage off so harshly.
Especially since he had just gotten full custody of Niall a few months ago.

"Since then, Zayn's been helplessly pining after you. Once he got you on a date; man, I've never seen him so elated and happy. Fuck, he might even be in love with you, Liam, and you went and threw all of it away the next day!" Harry's voice rose as he stabbed his finger in Liam's chest.

"I- I apologized." Liam tried, grimacing at how pathetic he sounded.

"What an apology. Spitting in his face that you two weren't serious, when you are the person who matters most to him." Harry grunted, pointing to the door, "Now leave before I scratch your face off."

"Please," Liam was stubborn, holding his ground when he heard Harry groan, "Tell him to come to my house. I- I need to make it up to him."

"You're a daft and stubborn idiot, you know that?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"Only for Zayn."

Albeit it not being the right time; both men let an amused grin break out on their faces.

"You're serious about him this time, right?" Harry asked softly, "I don't want you to hurt him again."

"Wouldn't dream of it." Liam swore, his voice laced with desperation and hope. He squealed when Harry nodded reluctantly.

"Alright, I'll try my best into tricking him. This better be worth it, Payne." the curly haired lad warned.

"Of course!" Liam smiled, his eyes crinkling as he thanked Harry and rushed out of the coffee shop.

-

Any thoughts on what Liam's planned?

~Harry