Chapter 5

The living room is gloriously huge. There's a flat-screen on the wall, and the couches look very comfortable to sit on. My feet touch the white carpet, loving the feel of softness. Across from the living room is the kitchen. The walls are also white, like the living room. The stove, fridge freezer, and microwave are stainless steel, and there is no dining room table nearby. Instead, there's a countertop kitchen table that has a vase of red roses in them.

For a kidnapper, the guy does have a taste.

I scan the place, and I see two more doors and what looks like the front door.

I was about to make a dash for it when Noah suddenly comes out of one of the doors. I'm guessing it leads to his room.

He acknowledges me, walks into the living room, sits on one of the couches, and pats on the space next to him.

I quietly walk into the living room area and sit next to him, terrified that if I don't, he'll hurt me.

"Okay, so let's discuss what you're going to do for me," he says smoothly, staring at me.

He continues, "Mornings, you will cook breakfast and afternoons, lunch... that is if I'm home. I don't care for dinner, so you don't have to worry about it. Make sure you eat every day because I don't want you to starve... I'm not trying to go to the hospital when you faint, so eat your food," I roll my eyes in my mind at his comment. If he did take me to the hospital, his ass would definitely be as good as locked up in prison.

"Only do chores when you feel like the house needs cleaning, and wash our clothes when needed,"

"Also, if you try to run away, there will be consequences. I invite my friends over all the time, so when that happens, stay in your room unless I call you for something. You start tomorrow. That is all." He says to me.

"Um, okay," I say since I don't know what to say.

"Good. You can go now." He says. I then remember something.

"Wait, what about groceries and my... stuff?" I say, referring to my feminine products.

"When we run out of it, or you run out, just tell me, and I'll go get some."

"Oh, okay," I say, shutting up. I have nothing else to say to him.

"Do you have anything other questions, Ava?" He says as he stares at me.

How does he even know my name? Never mind. I'm pretty sure every kidnapper knows their victims' name.

"No," I reply.

"Okay. You can leave now."

I stand up and walk back into my new room. I close the door, and I start to cry. Again.

"I hate this," I say to myself, with tears falling down my face.

A few minutes pass, and I look around the room. My eyes land on a bookshelf. I wipe my tears with the sleeves of my sweater, and I walk to it.

That's what I'll do. I'll read a book. I always feel better when I read books.

I search the bookshelf for at least six minutes, admiring all the different types of books until I finally settle for Pride and Prejudice.

I lie on the bed and start reading the book, but I begin to feel uncomfortable in the tracksuit. I quickly come off the bed, and I go to the bathroom to change.

I find a plain peach top and white shorts to wear. I put them on, and I continue to read my book.

An hour probably passed, and I hear a knock at my door. I get off the bed to open it. When I do, it's Noah, holding a plate of pizza.

"Here, I'm pretty sure you're hungry." He says, handing me the pizza. I whisper a thank you to him, and I take it.

He stares at me for a good minute before asking me this question, "Are you okay?"

What type of question is that?

"No. You kidnapped me. You took me away from my family and friends. My whole life has just changed because of you. Of course, I'm not okay." I reply to him, coldly. And I don't care if he gets pissed off or not.

"I'm sorry, but I had to do it." He says.

"Why? Why did you have to do it? Who paid you? Tell me, please." I beg.

"You ask way too many questions. Don't worry about it. Just go and eat your damn pizza. I'll be back later to check on you." He snaps and leaves.

I just stood there. I can't believe he just told me not to worry about it.

I open the door, and I put the plate of pizza on the floor. Closing the door, I return to my reading.

I do love pizza, but I'm not going to eat it. Not unless he tells me who made him kidnap me.

When he comes back, he better has some answers for me.