Chapter 18- Sting [Vikk]

*trigger warning; mentions/encounter of suicide. If you have problems with this please skip the chapter because I don't want anyone to get hurt okay?Thanks*

My feet slam onto the stone, sending shocks up my body as we run down the path, hands interlinked. I don't dare look back to see if she's there, for fear of her catching us.

I've seen her fight.

I know what she can do.

And now, her rational side is gone. For gods sake, I heard her growl as we exited Pete's house.

"Where... are... Bee... and Lizzie?"

Lachlan pants beside me, still running full speed.

"we... we have to check the... marketplace. They'll know... where they are."

I hear the sound of metal behind us, and risk a glance behind me. She's still there, eyes locked on us, sword drawn. We speed up and dash through the houses, knocking over a flower on a windowsill as we go.

The marketplace is coming up on our right. I squeeze Lachlan's hand.

"Lachlan. Go get Lizzie and Bee. I'll hold her off."

He looks at me sharply, eyes wide.

"No, Vikk, you'll-"

"I'll be fine, Lachlan."

I look into his deep blue eyes, and let go of his hand, skidding to a stop. He runs on, into the marketplace, as I turn to face her. My heart is racing as she sprints to me straight on. I ready my fists and wait there, in the middle of the path, she barrels at me, sword held out. As she reaches me, I quickly sidestep her, just managing to avoid her sword strike. She turns and growls again, black eyes staring at me.

I hold up a shaking hand.

"kara, it's me."

She stalks forward, with sharp, cat-like movements.

"k-kara."

She stops, for just a second. In that tiny fraction of time, I catch a glimpse of those grey eyes, that I first saw that time in the forest. And then, they're gone. Replaced by those cold, dark orbs that stare straight into me.

And then she strikes, charging forward at me.

I don't have time to move. She roars, and slices her sword across my chest.

My eyes widen, and I look up at her, frozen in my place.

And then I see her sword, dripping with crimson liquid.

My blood.

Fire sprouts across my torso, and I fall back, my head hitting the stone.

The pain.

Oh god, the pain.

My vision is swimming in and out of focus, and I see her walking towards me, form outlined by the bright blue sky.

Please, let Lachlan have gotten to Lizzie and Bee.

They're the only ones who can stop her now.

Her silhouette approaches. She lifts up her sword, still shining with my own blood.

I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting for the pain to stop.

And then there's a cry, a strangled shout. My eyes fly open just in time to see a blur of a person leap towards Kara, and slam into her.

There's a tussle, and a gasp of pain. And then the world is still.

I'm swimming in darkness. My eyes are open, but I can't see a thing.