Chapter 37

Not edited.

Wow that hurt. A lot. But, it was true, he was going to have to act as if I was never in his life and that's how i'll have to act as well.

"Alright. Now we have that settled" I looked at Brett and ignored Austins compelling gaze. "We are leaving" I looked at Caleb, Damon and Kyle.

I turned on my heels and walked out of the door, and after hearing footsteps behind me I continued down the stairs and out the door. I didn't turn around until I was standing in front of my Skyline. But, when I did, I scolded them.

"I don't want you doing that sort of stuff ever again" I shook my head and leaned against my Skyline.

"We're sorry Avery, we just had to" Damon shrugged.

I'll act as if she was never in my life. Austin was right we had to ignore each other but I couldn't ignore the feelings I had for him.

"Brett and I are going out for lunch, you want to join?" I asked Damon, Kyle and Caleb.

"Sure" Caleb smiled.

"By the way, where's Liam and Reece?" I asked again as I got into the drivers seat and Brett got into the passenger side. I noticed Caleb, Damon and Kyle climbing into the back. "And where's your cars?" I started the car and began driving.

"They're at home, and we didn't want to take our cars, they would of noticed us" Kyle poked his head in between the two front seats.

So they snuck in? Smart boys.

"Where we going for lunch?"

"We're going to Harry's Pizzeria"

"I love that place!" Kyle exclaimed.

"Yes I know" I said in a dry tone.

"So what's been going on, any other trouble?" Brett asked the boys.

I looked in the review mirror to see Caleb do a short intake of breath, Kyle's eyes widen and Damon stay perfectly calm. "He obviously knows you're in a gang" I told them.

"Um.." Kyle trailed off.

"Nothing's going to happen if you tell him" I laughed.

"Well i'm in the army I could tell people" Brett shrugged but I could tell it was in mockery.

"You wouldn't" Caleb shook his head.

Again, I looked through the review mirror to see the expressions on their faces. Kyle's was priceless. He looked absolutely freaked out, so I started laughing. It was funny seeing a tough guy like him, scared. I shook my head and turned back to look at the road but slammed to a grand halt.

I fell forward and so did Brett. I was guessing the boys in the back did too. A car was stopped in front of me, of course, since it was a red light and I wasn't looking.

"Avery, usually drivers keep their eyes on the road" Damon complained.

"Sorry guys" I apologised.

"I was kidding by the way" Brett didn't seem at all fazed by our almost crash.

"Good" Kyle mumbled.

When we arrived at Harry's Pizzeria I cut the engine in the empty spot right at the front and got out of the car, followed by the boys. Kyle came up next to me and put an arm around my shoulders. Behind me, I heard Brett ask Damon and Caleb what sort of stuff they did in the gang and how it started.

We walked up the stairs and entered the restaurant. The smell of pizza and pasta hit my senses and my stomach growled. Kyle chuckled next to me and we found a table for six even though we only had the five of us.