4 My Brother's Beta

© Caitlin Shepherd 2011

Hey guys *__* I don’t have a whole lot to say – just one thing you may or may not have realised yet. For the people who’ve read my older stories, you’ll know this:

The first one to comment gets the chapter dedicated to them. Simple as that. So, get commenting!!!

Chapter four

Time at St Louisa’s went by slowly. It seemed like the forces of nature wanted to keep me here as long as possible, just for the hell of it. Have you ever heard the saying “Time goes by when you’re having fun”? Does that mean that when something’s boring, time goes excruciatingly slow?

That seams a little unfair to me.

I was in a class called ‘Home Economics’, which I think is the British substitute for Food Technology. It was probably one of my favourite classes, because we didn’t need to partner up, and we didn’t actually have to follow the cooking teacher’s instructions (of whose name I have already forgotten – sue me, it’s only my first week).

What I mean is that she will demonstrate the basic outline of a recipe, but we could add of stuff. For instance, she made cheese & bacon puff pastry, while I made chocolate puff pastry. Get it?

Anyway, we were making pizzas today. I had decided to do a large pizza, and that could be part of my dinner. When I say part, I mean I’ll secretly eat the whole thing in my dorm room, then go to the cafeteria and have a relatively decent sized dinner in the cafeteria as well.

That may make me sound piggish, but I’ve figured out the best thing about being a Werewolf – I can each whatever I like, in whatever quantity, and I won’t gain weight. In fact, if anything, if I don’t eat double what I used to, my body actually LOOSES weight, surprisingly enough.

On my thin-based pizza was spinach leaves, small chunks of chicken, a stack of cheese, tomato (of course) and a little bit of pesto. I had finished before anyone else (because they were all doing the standard meat lovers), so I managed to get a free oven easily.

“Hey, um, Beth, right?” an unsure voice said from next to me. I turned, curios, to see a girl about my height. She had short black hair that was cut in such a unique way that I wasn’t surprised when everyone stopped talking to look at her. She had a pair of gorgeous blue eyes that were deep and mysterious, and she had a body to match. She was thin, but also curvy in the right places.

It was obvious by the way that everyone looked at her in awe that she was the “Queen Bee”.

“Yeah,” I replied, looking cautiously at all the murderously jealous eyes that were looking at me.

“I’m Isabel Larsen, but you can call me Issy or something,” she grinned, flashing a set of pearly white teeth. “How are you liking St Louisa’s?”

“Good, thanks,” I said shortly. I turned around, pretending to be checking on my no-where-near cooked pizza, making a few people around gasp at me. I didn’t mean to be rude to the girl, but I wasn’t interested in making friends. I just wanted to get out of this place as fast as I could, and get back to my family, where I belong.