Chapter 2

"Maine aap ko kahi dhekha hain.. I have seen you somewhere" said Manik as they were walking out of Judy's office.

"Ye dialogue kuch zyaadha hi puraana nai lag ra? Try something new mister" she chuckled. "And ya shaayadh tum sahi keh rahe ho.. because even I think I have seen you somewhere" she winked.

"You see! I am right...and haa just because I said I have seen you somewhere tumhe lagaa mein flirt kar raha hoon huh..?" he asked for which she smiled at him. Wow..she has such a lovely smile.

"So you are here for your masters.. would you mind if I ask how old you are?" she asked him doubtfully.

"I am 23 and yes I am here for my MBA. What about you? Now please don't say "Ladkiyon se unki age nai poochthe" he sighed.

"Haha! Relax..I am 21. And I am doing my final year undergrad here...you know in business administration. And I want ot continue here and finish my masters as well..but lets see what happens!" she said.

At the library:

"So this is our library...one of the best places of this university. It is open 24 hours.. you can issue macs, ipads, video cameras...we have a huge collection of books, cassettes and all interesting stuff. My favorite aisle here is the comics one....you see right there" she pointed her finger and "Oh Crap! What is he doing here?" she covered her face and ran away from there. Manik was confused "ab kya hua isko"

"oh madam! Hang on let me come... I don't want to get lost here!" he started running behind her. "Just run behind me.. I won't let you get lost" she shouted facing her back to him and running.

Everybody were watching them and making their own conclusions. "Nandu what is wrong" she could hear people shouting around. She did not give any heed to them.

Finally he got hold of her and pulled her to a corner. She was panting heavily due to running fast. He made her sit and calm down and asked her, "kya hua Nandini? Why did you run from there like that? Paagal ho kya.. look at how you are panting ! "

She put a sorry face and said, "Manik, he is William. We have a class together and he likes me. We have the Annual Ball next week and it is the girl's choice to choose her partner. I don't want to go with him which is why I have been escaping. Agar usne mujhe dhekh liya toh he will literally fall on my feet begging me to ask him to be my partner. Ullu ka patthaa.. why doesn't he understand that I don't want ot go with him... Firstly I don't want to go to the ball aur upar se even if I make up my mind, never in my dreams I would go with him...aarrghhhh !!! Why is this so difficult?" she spoke in a breathe.

"Listen Nandini! Relax.. calm down !! Breathe !! We will see that later, but for now will you please take me to thebasketball coach. I had to meet him at 12 and now it's 11.45 already. So please lets finish that first and I promise I will help you out with the William thing over lunch. Toh ab chale?" he asked cutely. She was so lost in his eyes that she din't even reply him. "Nandini!! Where are you lost? Chale madam ?" he raised a voice a bit. "Haan Haan ! chalo .. sorry meri wajah se late ho gaya!" she said and then they moved towards the basketball court.

At the basketball court:

"Hello Brendan ! How are you today?" asked Nandini to Brendan. "Hello miss! I am sorry I don't remember your name. But yes I am doing great... it's a good weather day today. So the boys are having fun!" he said looking at the students who were already playing.

"That's okay Brendan! My name is Nandini and you can call me nandu. Short and sweet. In between. Brendan, he is Manik. He enrolled for this semester and is going to be here for the next two years. He is a basketball player in India. So Judy was wondering if you could add him to your team." Nandini said and gestured Manik to talk.