Le Bistro Mericourt {9}

The look on his face showed me that he was serious. Grabbing my bag I followed him out of the building and waiting outside was a very expensive looking car.

Mr McKinley sat in the back seat of the car. Following him into the car I wondered why he didn't sit in the front till I noticed that he had his own personal driver in the front.

"Where to sir?" The driver in the front said.

"Le Bistro Mericourt." Mr McKinley spoke. If I wasn't wrong I thought I heard some French.

"Do you have reservations or do you need me to call"

"No. I know the manager. We are good to go Nate."

"Alright sir." The driver said before he pushed a button then a black screen appeared and it separated the front seats from the back seat.

"Ms Suren, I have been meaning to ask you this. I need your number. Do you have my number?"

"No I don't sir." I never thought about me and Mr McKinley communicating through a phone.

"I'm going to need your number incase I need to reach you. You need my number incase I send you out on an errand and I will need you to keep me informed."

Pulling out his sleek Iphone out he passed it to me to put out my number in it. Looking over his shoulder I saw him save my name as Ms Suren. The fact that he couldn't even save it under my first name brought a small smile to my face.

Taking my phone from my bag I went to my contacts and got ready to save his name.

"What's your number sir?"

When he didn't respond I turned around to see him staring at my phone.

"What's the problem sir?"

"What is that?" He asked pointing at my phone.

"A phone. And I mean that in a non-sarcastic way sir." I explained. 

"I didn't even know they made flip phones anymore. What can you even do with that thing?" He questioned

I started to get defensive. "My phone is capable of providing me with anything that I could need. Just because it isn't flashy and over the top doesn't mean it's not good enough. What is your number?"

After giving me his number, Mr McKinley continued to comment about my phone till we reached the restaurant. When I stepped out I saw how massive and expensive it looked.

Why would he take me to this restaurant out of all the restaurants in town. Why couldn't we go to McDonald's so that I could order something from the dollar menu.

I tried not to think to much about how Mr McKinley placed his arm on my lower back as he guided me to the front of the restaurant.

~~~~~~~
Authors Note: I apologize for the short chapter. Just sorta ran out of ideas so I decided to stop it. But I do promise that Chapter 10 is quite long and very interesting....