Chapter 104

may contain spoilers from the latest episode of the walking dead

-

I walked over to the thermostat before bumping it up a few notches.

I wrapped my blanket around me before walking down stairs.

"I'm going to go check on Tara." I told Carl who was laying on the couch.

"If you find Enid, let me know. I can't find her anywhere." Carl sighed, standing up.

"Okay." I replied, throwing my blanket on the couch before pulling on a jacket.

I walked down the street and into the infirmary, finding Tara laying in the bed in the back room.

"Hey." I greeted, walking into the room.

"Hi." She replied.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Sore." She mumbled.

"Can I get you anything?" I inquired.

"No, but you can get me out of here." She replied.

"You should stay at least one more night." I replied.

-

"Today's the day, if the baby is cooperating we can see what the gender is." Denise stated as I walked into the infirmary.

"Oh, already?" I asked.

"Yup." She replied, patting the table in the corner of the room.

"Oh." I mumbled, walking over and sitting down.

"Where's Rick?" She asked.

"He went to check to see if the trucks were still there. We're attacking tomorrow." I answered.

"I don't think I'm ready." She replied.

"Yes you are, you can do it." I replied, pulling my denim flannel off.

"I can't," She replied, shaking her head.

"We need you, Denise. If one of our people get hurt, you have to be there for us." I replied.

She sighed before squirting the cold gel over my stomach after I lifted my shirt up.

She turned the ultrasound machine on before spreading the gel around on my stomach.

"Look at that!" Rosita exclaimed, walking into the infirmary.

I smiled, looking at the screen.

"Wait! I wanna guess what it is." Rosita stated, closing her eyes.

"I'm going to say it's a girl." Denise stated.

"Me too." Rosita replied.

Rosita squealed before I looked back at the scream.

"It's a boy!" Denise declared.

I smiled, my excitement growing as I heard the strong heart beat.

"Congrats, you're having a Rick Grimes Jr." Rosita smirked, patting my leg.

I wiped the gel off of my stomach after Denise printed a picture and handed it to me.

I pulled my shirt back down before pulling my denim flannel back on and walked out of the infirmary.

"Hey there, Grimes baby momma." Abraham greeted as he walked over with Daryl.

"I'm having a boy." I replied, smiling.