Chapter 6- Obey

I stared down at the man on the horse, he was starting to get surrounded by corpses.

I turned on my heels and headed for the stairway, ignoring Jason's angry shouts of disagreement.

Merle stepped in front. I took out my knife and he pointed his own knife to me.

I didn't have time for this. That man down there might die and here I am trying to intimidate a man twice my size.

"Where do you think you're going blondie?" Merle taunted.

I put my knife away, since I obviously wasn't going to intimidate him. I tried to push past him but he was too strong. "Get outta my way, I have to help him." I growled.

An arm wrapped around my stomach from behind and gracefully lifted me off my feet.

"Let me go." I snarled. I squirmed to get away but the person was too strong. I gave up after a minute and they put me down. I spun around to see Jason standing in front of me, his arms crossed and a disapproving look on his face.

"You're not going anywhere, if you go down there you're as good as dead." He snapped.

I frowned and looked down, knowing Jason just told me the cold reality.

I glanced over at the group who stared over at us with mixed emotions. "We have to do something. We can't just leave him there." I repeated again, trying to break through to someone in the group.

My eyes fell over everyone around me until Glenn became my focus. Glenn looked guilty and I knew he knew something that I didn't. "Glenn, what is it?" I asked patiently.

He sighed. "Come here." Glenn brought me over to a small radio. "If he can get in the tank, we can help him." He explained.

I grinned and walked back to the side of the roof, hoping that the man would be smart enough to make a break for it to the tank.

The horse was being devoured greedily by corpses and the man was running to the tank. Thank god he had some common sense. He dropped his bag and his hat flew off but he kept going. I watched as he slid under the tank and I hoped there was some hatch for him to climb through underneath, otherwise he was corpse chow.

"I think he made it!" I shouted hopefully and ran over to the radio beside Glenn. "Glenn, how do you work this thing?"

He turned it on and fooled around with some knobs and switches until he picked up the microphone. "Hey you." Glenn spoke as he looked up at me hopefully.

No reply.

Maybe he didn't make it. Glenn pressed a button on the microphone again. "Ya you, dumb ass in the tank." He said louder this time.

I peered over the edge and the horse was still being eaten, the corpses were literally inhaling the poor animal. "Are you alive in there?" Glenn asked.

A voice came over the radio, it was the man. Relief washed over me. "Hello? Hello?" He frantically asked.

"There you are. You had me wondering." Glenn chuckled to himself.

The radio man didn't hesitate to pound Glenn with questions. "Where are you? Outside? Can you see me right now?" He asked.

"Yeah I can see you. You're surrounded by geeks." Glenn sighed. Glenn looked up at me for orders. "What do I tell him?"

I looked down into the streets. I noticed that most of the corpses were distracted, he had a small window of opportunity to escape, but where to go.

I searched the ground until I saw a fire-escape. On the other side of the building a bus blocked the exit, so no corpses could get in and only two were trapped inside. They wouldn't be hard to deal with.