CHAPTER 5 - REVIVING FROM THE REVERIE

CHAPTER – 5

REVIVING FROM THE REVERIE...

MIA COLLINS

It's the symptoms of having a crush on James Edwards.....

"MIA!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???" I can hear someone shouting. I immediately drop my hands from my face and look terrified at the speaker and find him to be Adam.

"Mia, now tell me what happened." He asks petrified. I look at him as if I'd been an invisible soul who doesn't have to speak. I sit there dumb-struck and shocked. I didn't realize until now that I'd been dreaming all this while about my past.

"Mia, are you okay? Calm down." Adam gestures but I don't know how to be calm. He wipes off my tears that have dampened my face without my knowledge.

"Mmmia?" Adam calls me hesitantly and I look at him. He looks so sick and scared. I think I'm partly responsible for his sickened look. I stare at his face and sit there as if I don't know him. I stare at him and he looks at me as if something is wrong with me.

"How did you find James?" he asks me and I stand up immediately. My legs shiver and my stomach twists with pain. I close my eyes for a few seconds when Adam gives me a grip. I hold his hand as tight as possible and open my eyes. The lights are fading and things are shaky to me. I wonder if Adam can see things just the way I see them and realize that something has gone wrong with me.

"Mia??!" Adam says and I look at him. I try to revive from my sickness and soon the vision gets normal.

"Mia, sit down." He advices and thrusts my shoulders down and I sit where I sat before.

"Adam" I say trying to find my voice that has been dead in my throat.

"Yes?"

"Did the doctors say anything about James?" I ask him.

"Umm.... Nnno." He says hesitantly and immediately looks at the floor with guilt.

"Adam! Don't lie!" I scold barely audible.

"Mia, no! I'm not lying." He defends himself. I try to look firmly at him but my eyes have lost its power.

Meanwhile, a nurse comes out of the surgery room and I stop her.

"Ma'am!" she looks at me surprised and adds "You look... sick!"

"Stanley, please tell me how's James." I request her.

"Ma'am but –"

"HOW'S JAMES?" I demand her closing my eyes.

"Ma'am... he has-"

"NO! You may please go!" Adam interrupts and I stare at Adam ferociously.

"ADAM!" I scold when I suddenly lose my grip on the ground and fall back.