chapter 16

Misa pov

It was morning and someone was knocking at my door. When I open the door (Y/n) was there.

"Hey what's wrong it's early in the morning." I yawned

"Technically it's 11 and I need your help to find an outfit."

"Why?"

"I have a date on Saturday and I don't know what to wear." That woke me up.

"Then what are we waiting for we have work to do." I went back into my room and got changed.

(Y/n) pov

Misa was helping looked for an outfit that was cute and nice. She was looking through the store as I looked through some clothes as well. That is until Ryuk started talking.

"Hey give me an apple." My dad said but I ignored it.

"Come on (Y/n) I just want an apple!!" My dad said as he bangs his head on the ceiling.

"Ryuk I'll get your apples later since I don't have any here," I said as I look at him.

"Anyway, Ryuk I know shinigami don't require food to live. So not eating apples for a while won't kill you." I said as he looked like the end of the world.

"Listen I get withdrawal symptoms I do handstands and my body twists around. It's not pretty." He said as he demonstrate.

"I don't need to see that," I said as I looked away. I saw Misa coming with a bunch of clothes.

"Anyway, are you sure you can trust this L guy? He's not the type I like you to be with but if you like him well-"

"I'm glad you understand old man but just between us he's the only one that seen me in that form."

"Right but if he hurts you he'll be in my death note." He said as we saw Misa coming with a ton of clothes.

"I got something that you have to try so let's go to the dressing rooms and let's see what looks great." She said went to the dressing rooms.

Time Skip

It was the last outfit and out of all the clothes she brought none of them passed.

"So Ryuuzaki asked you out. You have to tell me everything you guys do." She squealed.

"Misa it also means you get to have Light for the whole day."

"Your right," she began to get excited seeing that she'll have Light for a whole, and started to plan what they'll be doing.

'Sorry Light but it's time for payback for that little joke of yours.'

L pov

Misa and (Y/n) left to go shopping but Matsuda was left behind. Guess they need to talk about something only a girl would understand.

"Light what would you do for a date?"

"Huh, why are you asking this all of a sudden?" He said a bit confused.

"Just curious that's all."

"I don't know depends on what the both of us like. Like for example (Y/n) likes books and having fun. So I would go shopping for books and go to an amusement park or something like that," He said as an example.

"Hmm, but why only the girls' favorite place?"

"Well if you like her a lot then you take her to places she likes," He said.

"Oh, I see now well this an interesting well thank you for explaining it to me." I looked at the screens and saw that Misa and (Y/n) were back and (Y/n) had a bag with her.

'I wonder what she got.'

(Y/n) pov

We got back to base Misa had to go get ready for a photo shoot. I went to my room and got some apples along the way.

"Here you go dad eat up," I said as he immediately ate them one by one.

"You know it's the first time you called me dad," He said out loud.

"Guess I got tired of calling you by your first name. Plus you are my dad and I forgive you for never being there when I needed you," I said as I hang my new clothes.

"That is the sweetest thing I ever heard. Now that I think about it your mother was the only person that ever saw me differently. Now I see you were raised well by her I just wished I could have been there for you," He said with some unspilled tears.

"I guess L has changed me more than old me wouldn't have forgiven you. The person I am now wants to change for a better life. There's more to life than staying to the past." I said as he ate the last apple.

"Well I'm glad to be forgiven I almost felt like I lost all hope of you seeing me as a father. I must thank L for changing your mind one day," He said as he ate the last apple.

"Glad you accept our relationship now," I said as he seem to sit on the ground near my bed.

"Get some sleep you have a big day tomorrow," He said and so I fell asleep and felt safe knowing he was on the lookout for me.