nineteen

when i enter the apartment, jack is sitting at the kitchen counter, obnoxiously tapping his phone on the marble. he immediately stands when he sees me and then approaches me.

"hi." i murmur.

"hey." he softly says.

a part of me wants to be in his arms, but another part of me wants to lock myself in my bedroom. i set my things down on the couch, knowing that jack so watching me.

"i'm sorry for last night." he apologizes and i turn to look at him. "i didn't mean to make you feel how you did. i don't want to fight with you."

i nod my head and just stand there paralyzed. he walks closer to me, pulling me into his embrace. he burrows his head in the crook to my neck, kissing the skin there softly.

"i'm sorry, baby. sorry, sorry, sorry." he continues while kissing every part of my neck.

"it's fine, jack." i sigh, running my fingers through his hair.

i'm thankful that he isn't angry with me today and is actually apologetic. he pulls away for a moment to look at me. he's frowning a little and i kiss the side of his mouth.

"you're not mad at me, right?" he asks.

"are you mad at me?"

"of course not." he replies.

"then i'm not mad at you."

jack smiles a little, "i lo-"

he's cut off when there are three rough knocks on the door. i look at him confused and he shrugs his shoulder. he goes to open the door, but then groans when he sees the person at the door.

"sam, what are you doing here?" jack questions and the next second, i'm right by his side greeting sam.

"what am i doing here? you called me an hour ago saying you needed to roll one." he replies, holding up a zip lock baggie filled with ground up weed.

jack shakes his head, "i'm good now."

"well, i won't let it go to waste." sam says, barging into the apartment.

i laugh and jack shakes his head while running his hand through his hair exasperated. now we barely get any alone time.

"i'm friends with an animal."

"your girlfriend is an animal." sam tells jack, pointing to me. "an animal in bed!"

"watch it." jack growls, narrowing his eyes.

i leave them to be in the living room as i walk back to the kitchen to make me and jack some food. i probably have to make sam food too now. it's only reasonable because he'll have the munchies and he's here so why not.

sam suddenly comes strolling into the kitchen with the roll in between his fingertips. i look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"yes?" i ask.

"do you have a lighter?" he questions, patting around his pants pockets. "i forgot mine." he frowns.

"i think we do." i say, looking in every drawer, then i pull out a barbecue lighter. "we have this." i laugh.

"that's good. thanks. you're the best." he rushes, lighting his blunt.

i shake my head while smiling, "you always say that."

"it's true." sam clarifies.

i would've thought that he'd return back into the living room, but he doesn't. he slides the lighter over to me on the table and takes a seat on a barstool, just watching me.

"what are you doing?" he asks before taking a drag.

he holds it into his lungs and releases a little smoke from his mouth. i'm sure that i'm gazing at him like i'm mesmerized.

"i'm cooking."

his eyebrows raise, "ah. cook for me too."

"of course." i flash him a smile.

shortly after, jack comes into the kitchen. he purposely hugs me around my waist, glancing back at sam. sam chuckles, still smoking.

"you don't have to be all doggie with a bone. i'm not hitting on her. i was, but not anymore." he shakes his head.

jack rolls his eyes and then rests his chin on my shoulder. he watches over as i continuously stir the pan filled with food. the stench of weed surrounds me and i cringe.

i then divide the food into three bowls. jack hasn't let go of me once as i do this. he showers my neck with kisses and i'm a little uncomfortable because jack is showing me affection in front of sam.

"i'm hungry." sam complains. "hurry up."

continuing to whine, he shuts up when i hand him a bowl of hot pasta. he grins and thanks me. i give jack his bowl and he lets go of me to take a seat next to sam.

"thank you, baby."

"no problem." i murmur, trying to stifle my laugh as sam gazes at his food like it's the love of his life.

*

as i lay in bed with jack, he combs his fingers through my damp hair, kissing my head repeatedly. i haven't stopped smiling. he went from being a complete ass when i met him to being the sweetest and most generous person i know.

"wanna skip class tomorrow?"

i look up at him and laugh, "as if i weren't behind as much as i am right now."

"one day wouldn't hurt." he informs me with a hint of a smirk on his face.

"trust me, it does." i sigh, getting back into my comfortable position. "i still haven't finished that one assignment."

"you've been working on that for like a week."

"correction. two days."

jack runs his hand up and down my back, getting lower each and every time. i catch his wrist in my hand and his laughter fills my ears.

"too soon?"

"yes." i confirm. "too soon."

"okay, just sleep, baby. then tell me whether or not you want to skip in the morning."

"most likely not."

"sleep on it." he tells me and i swear he's smiling.

he kisses the top of my head once more before securing me in his muscular arms. my eyes flutter close and i let sleep take over me.

{vote, comment, share}

OKG THANK YA FOR 100K READS