Chapter 3

Adrien closed the door behind him, and Plagg flew out of his jacket; and for once he didn't automatically ask for a platter of cheese. He just floated next to Adrien where he lay on his bed, confused, depressed and with a crushed heart

He thought about Ladybug, the one who had the bluebell eyes, the one who was kind, happy, bright, full of life; the one who had the amazing smile, that reminded him of his mum. The one he loved.

"Adrien..?" Plagg trailed off, not actually knowing what to say to him.

"It wasn't her Plagg, that was not Ladybug" Adrien said, thinking out loud.

A sudden knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. Plagg flew away to hide, before the door opened, revealing Natalie.

Adrien sat up while she addresses him.

"Adrien, this was at the front door for you" Natalie informed, holding a small red box with a black ribbon.

Confused, Adrien got up and took the box from her.

"Thanks" he said, trying to hide any sadness in his voice. It must have worked, because as soon as that was said, Natalie turned and left.

Adrien put the box on his desk and slumped back down on his bed, not really caring about it.

Plagg however was very curious about the box; he slowly approached it, watching it as if he were to get too close it, it would eat him.

"Uh Adrien?" Plagg asked, cautiously. Adrien simply looked over to his kwami, to see what he needed, "Whats in this box?" He asked

"I dont know" Adrien sighed and walked over back over to his desk, knowing that Plagg probably wouldn't let his curiosity go, he took off the lid and jumped back when when a red blur flew out. Adrien managed to gain balance before he, almost fell on the floor.

"Tikki!?" Plagg yelled.

"Plagg! Where's-" Tikki looked over to where Adrien had recovered from his scare, "-Adrien, thank god I finally found you, I need your help!" She squeaked

Adrien stood just there, wide eyed and his mouth hung open, unsure of what to do or say.

In front of him was a kwami, and he wasnt sure why it was here.

"...What?" He asked lamely, still trying to process the current situation. "Wait, you're a kwami.." Adrien trailed off, piecing his racing thoughts together. He studied the small creature floating before him and noticed something about it. "Y-you're Ladybug's kwami aren't you?" He asked.

Although he did ask, Adrien did not want to know. He didn't want to know that Ladybug was fighting through an akuma by herself, alone; fighting anger, hate, sadness, all of these negative emotions and she was battling them off; without her kwami's help in her miraculous, she was all alone.

But Tikki's nod, confirmed all of his fears.

"That's right and I need your help" Tkki repeated, "Well, technically i need Chat Noir's help" she added.

Before Adrien could agree, more questions raced through his head.

"I- wait, y-you know?! B-but how?!"

Tikki and Plagg both looked at each other.

"It wasn't really that hard" Tikki said softly, turning back to face Adrien. He looked at both kawmis, waiting for further explination. "Whenever Mar- Ladybug, was around you in normal life, I would always sense the presents of another kwami, meaning there had to be another miraculous holder. After that it wasn't long until I figured it was Plagg and the holder was you"

"I also, sensed her presence and figured out who the real Ladybug is" Plagg added.

"...So...you've both known who we were, this whole time" Adrien asked in disbelief. When they both nodded Adrien ran his hands through his hair and let out a sharp jaggered breath. "This whole time you've known, and you never even mentioned it!" He said, vioce rising, more towards Plagg then Tikki.

"You never asked" Plagg threw back.

"And don't you want to keep your identities a secret?" Tikki added.

"What ever happened to 'following your heart'?" Plagg asked, quoting Adrien.

It was true; Adrien respected Ladybug's wishes of their secret identities, but most of the time, his love would over power and he wanted to find out- he needed to find out. He needed to know who the love of his life was behind her masked disguise, and he needed to know if she would accept him as Adrien and Chat Noir.

"Adrien?" Plagg snapped him out his thoughts, seeing he looked like he would cry if kept thinking too much about it.

"What's the plan?" He looked up at both kwamis.

"Well, if she's been akumatized, we just break whatever object it's possesing, right?" Plagg asked, going from the usual plan.

"That's the catch, it's in her miraculous, we can't destroy it" Tikki informed.

"So how do we help her?" Adrien asked desperatly.

The two kwamis hovered there glancing at each other, not knowing how to answer.

Sudden, faint, yelling from outside, broke the silence. Adrien jumped up and tried to look out his window to see what was happening; with no luck, he ran outside, not knowing that, that, was a big mistake.

Jumping over buildings was, Ladybug herself, well more like Cœur Sombre, herself. She landed on the ground a few merters away from Adrien, and she was walking right to him.

Knowing that she wouldnt stop, Adrien began to run back into the house; but running away only made her run as well. She grabed her yo-yo and threw it towards Adrien, making him trip and fall to the ground with a thud. Adrien scampered up in attempt to escape and started to run, only to be on the ground again, with Ladybug's yo-yo tied around his ankles. He sat up and tried to untie himself, his fingers fumbled and sliding on the complicated wire, but Dark Heart wouldn't give him a chance and she pulled on her yo-yo and dragged him accross the ground. He made more difficult for her by struggeling to break free, clawing at the ground only caused his hands to be brusied and scratched, some marks drawing tiny drops of blood.

He went back to trying to untie himself, but his hand slipped along the wire, leaving a long bleeding cut on his hand. He clenched his injured hand into a fist and winced at the shock of sudden pain that it sent.

Dark Heart noticed his hand and his wince of pain and she pulled him up by the collar of his shirt, so her face was only inches away from his. Her sickening, evil eyes stared into his frightened eyes. His hands gripped on hers trying to make her let go of him.

Her voice was dark and threatening. It sent chills down Adrien's spine and her statement made his eyes widen of fear even more.

"If you think that hurts, then just wait until you see, what I have planned for you"