Chapter 7- Sewers

Merle continued to scream at Rick for handcuffing him to the roof, but everyone basically ignored him.

Jason quickly took out the sniper rifle and stared down. "Oh shit." He said, clearly distressed.

I walked over beside him to look down. A huge group of corpses were standing in front of the department store.

They were gnawing at the glass, probably breaking it, one was even holding a rock.

So that's what Andrea was talking about when she accused Rick of "killing us".

We needed to get out of here, fast.
"Alright Rick, how do you say we get out of here?" Taylor asked standing in front of him.

He eyed her for a moment but quickly broke eye contact, his view searching for something on the glass buildings across from us.

He snapped out of his trance and he looked down below. "This is the plan." He said calmly without taking his eyes off the corpses below. "We need to find the sewers, is there any pot holes in the streets?"

Jason looked over one side, while Taylor checked the other. "No, there's one manhole that's right beside the tank." Jason said, crossing his arms.

Rick sighed and rubbed his forehead, Jacque took a step forward. "There should be another level below the bottom floor. There should be a hole that leads down to the sewer." She said.

T-Dog eyed Jaque and leaned against the wall. "How'd ya know that?"

Jacque let out a puff of air. "I was a building zoner, I know everything about buildings." She stood up and leaned back against the concrete beside Andrea.

Glenn nodded, seeming as if he was pondering something. "I know where that is, come on." Morales, Jacque, Rick and I followed Glenn down several sets of stairs.

We finally got to the bottom floor and the corpses were starting to break the glass, they were smashing and banging against it, trying to get in and eat.

We walked by them and went down another set of steps. Sure enough at the bottom, a giant hole gaped out of the floor.

"This is it." Jacque said, a small smile on her face. Rick stared at Glenn knowingly, and Glenn made a noise of annoyance.

"Fine, I'll go but you're not all coming down with me." He paused and surveyed the rest of us. "Rick, you and Andrea stand guard on the bottom floor with Taylor, just in case any geeks get out." He looked at me. "You need to stay here with Jacque, but first tell T-Dog he's watching Merle." He looked at Morales. "You come with me." He nodded and they prepared to go down into the deep tunnel.

Rick wandered into the next room and frowned at the glass. "Those walkers are going to break the glass, we don't have a lot of time."

Walkers, I like that. I think I'll use that. I nodded and sprinted upstairs to tell T-Dog and Andrea.

I grabbed Andrea and told T-Dog about his 'babysitting' duties. I grabbed Taylor as well and shouted over my shoulder. "Jay, get all our stuff together and get ready to go."

He sighed but followed after us as we ran down the stairs. I continued to drag Andrea and Taylor. I left her beside Rick and took a spot beside Jacque.

Glenn had already went down and Morales was starting to descend. I looked him in the eye, giving him a nod. "Good luck."

He nodded at me and disappeared. Their foot steps echoed down the tunnel as they walked, eventually fading so you can't here them.

They were down there for a bit before I heard the sound of glass shattering and ran to the next floor. The walkers had smashed through a set of Glass.

If Glenn and Morales didn't come quickly, we'd all be walker fodder. As soon as I thought it, Glenn appeared beside me.

"Theres no way out." He said quietly.

Rick rubbed his forehead and looked us all in the eyes. "I have a idea."