Lost {12}

As soon as I stepped out of the restaurant is when I realized I didn't know where I was. The car windows were dark so I didn't bother with looking out.

I walked down till I reached a street with many people going back and forth. Seeing the bus stop waiting seats I walked there to sit down. The hot plastic seats burned my legs which made me shoot out of my seat. The hot seats made me decide to just sit up.

I rummaged through my bag for my bus schedule and that is when I realized that didn't have any money.  I foolishly put my $20 dollar bill on the table when Mr McKinley insulted me.

Grunting I realized that I had to walk home and I only knew how to get home from McKinley Enterprises not from wherever I am.

I walked into the nearest shop which was called Sarah Sells and asked one of the workers if they could show me where McKinley Enterprises was. The girl wrote down her directions on a piece of paper and thanking her I walked out of the store and walked to the store right next to it.

I didn't know if the girl was telling the truth so I had to ask other people and if they all said the same thing then I would start walking. The familiar coffee smell of Starbucks was a welcoming smell.

Starbucks was a place that I always went to when I was in college. I asked one of the workers and luckily they told me the same answer.

Leaving the air conditioned coffee store I looked at the directions before following them and soon enough the familiar big words of McKinley Enterprises greeted me.

I checked my phone to find the time and I was surprised to see 2 missed calls. Flipping it open I clicked the keypads till I saw that the two missing calls were from Mr McKinley.

As I stood in front of McKinley Enterprises I contemplated whether or not I should call him back. While I was thinking about it my phone started vibrating and a couple of seconds later Mr McKinley's name popped up.

Groaning I picked the phone.

"Hello?" I snapped

"Ms Suren where the hell are you?!"

Mr McKinley cursing at me surprised me since he seemed to be the type who scolded people that cursed.

"HELLO! MS SUREN! Where are you?"

"I'm at the building."

"She's at the Enterprise" Mr McKinley said to someone who I could only assume as Nate. "Stay there don't move I will be there in five minutes" He said before hanging up.

How could he be only 5 minutes away. The restaurant was at least a 15 minutes drive. Not even two minutes later the black car pulled up in the front and Mr McKinley jumped out of the car before storming over to me.

When he reached me he said, "My office now"

Following him through the building was very hard. Mr McKinley's long legs made him naturally walk faster. I had to lightly jog to keep up with him.

Instead of going towards the elevator Mr McKinley walked in a different direction and I was about to ask why we went this way till I saw another elevator. 

Scanning his finger by the touch pad the elevator doors opened and we stepped into into the very sleek and shiny looking elevator. 

By how new it looked I assumed this was his personal elevator.  The awkward silence kept building up and to avoid looking up and seeing the deep brown eyes staring at my every move I kept my eyes on the big blue digital digits on top of the elevator doors.

The bing of the elevator showed me that we were at the top floor. Pushing past me Mr McKinley stormed his way into his office.

Why was he so mad? I have every right to be upset at him. He insulted everything that I worked hard for in my life. This stupid, rude, obnoxious, son of a...

"MS SUREN!" The cold voice of my boss interrupted my thoughts and I unconsciously followed the voice till I was in his office.

"Shut the door" seemingly annoyed with his attitude I turned around and slammed the door shut satisfied when I heard the loud bang.

"Ms Suren I don't want to ever see you act as immature as you did today. I am your boss and you are my employee. I try to do a nice things by taking you to one of my very own restaurants and instead of enjoying it. You instead choose to embarrass me in front of my very own employees. That kind of disrespect is not tolerated in my office. The only reason why I'm not firing your ass is because I can see how the words I said could have been misinterpreted by people of your class."

" You are such a"

"Ms Suren watch your mouth unless you don't want this job." he interrupted me again

Closing my eyes I took deep breath and counted to ten in my head before opening my eyes. Staring back at him I narrowed my brown eyes at him as I gave him my hardest glare.

A loud ringing came from Mr McKinley's pocket. Taking his phone out he sighed before rubbing his eyes and raking his hand through his hair.

This gesture caused my anger facade to fade a little.  His unruly hair flopped over his face in a semi-curly mop and the look was was a surprisingly attractive look.

I looked away as Mr McKinley picked up the phone.

"What" he snapped

All I could hear was him snapping back to the person on the phone with 'yes', 'okay', 'not good enough' then some random number. With a final 'okay' Mr McKinley hung up on the person without a goodbye.

Mr. McKinley looked at his watch and said, "It's already 1:30. Your shift is over. Just leave and be here by 9am tomorrow"

Nodding my head I readjusted my bag on my shoulder and walked out of McKinley Enterprises to take the bus. As I got to the bus stop that is when I realized that I had already put my bus money down on the table.

Sighing out loud I counted the amount of money that I still had in my purse and was relieved to find that it was enough for me to take one bus. But then I would have to walk home the other half.