31

danisnotonfire incoming call...

phil sighed and bit his lip before pressing the green button. he had been anticipating this call since last night and he somehow convinced himself that everything will be fine and dan won't leave. he wouldn't.

dan expectantly stared at the screen as it froze, moved and froze again before a grainy picture of phil was visible. dan could feel his mouth turning into a smile already as he stared at the blue eyed boy, fixing his fringe and looking at the camera. he was wearing a green polo shirt, and he looked beautiful. better than pictures.

phil looked at dan and just stared at him in awe. he noticed his dreamy brown hair, and his warm brown eyes. he looked slightly tanned, dimples popping in both his cheeks and phil could feel the warmth of dan's smile through the screen. it was worth it, risking losing dan's friendship was worth the way he looked on the screen right now and phil wished that he could gather enough courage someday to just meet him, touch him and hug him.

"hey," dan smiled at him and phil felt like melting.

"hi," phil had a small smile on his face and dan felt happier than he had in a while.

and then they talked and talked and talked. forgetting about the sun sinking and rising and they just talked for hours. it felt right, the way phil would lie down occasionally, the way dan would leave for a moment because he had to wee, the way phil laughed with his tongue poking out and the way dan would just stare at him sometimes felt right.

"it's been all night and half of the morning," phil yawns and dan can't help but awe at his cuteness.

"can't believe we've been talking for that long," dan whispers, wishing phil was there by his side instead of across the screen.

"me too," phil says, staring at dan as he runs a hand through his hair.

"this doesn't feel real phil," dan says, laying down and resting his head on the pillow feeling like he could drift off any moment.

"i don't want it to," phil murmurs his eyes closing slightly and they both fall asleep, their laptops on, call going as they match their breathing and pretend to be lying next to each other.