chapter three

Clothes, clothes, clothes. Everywhere are clothes. Tonight is the Halloween party, and Jordan has no idea what to wear. She knows that Elena is going dressed the same as she did last year, and Jeremy is probably going as himself. Jordan would have probably go the same as last year as well, but seeing that she went as a vampire last year, the irony and embarrassment is a little too great.

"Elena!" Jordan screams from out of here room, "You need to help me with what to wear!" Jordan can hear Elena sigh, but she does make her way over.

"What?" Elena expresses with an irritated look on her face.

"I don't know what to wear to the Halloween party, can you pretty please help me," Jordan pleads.

Elena rolls her eyes, but she does give in to her, "Fine, do you have even the slightest idea of what you want?" she asks.

Jordan shakes her head no, and Elena opens the doors of her closet. "You still have that Alice in Wonderland dress I gave you?"

Jordan nods.

"You can wear that, and I think we still have some fake blood lying around. I can, as well, do your makeup if you want to,"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," Jordan gushes and she embraces Elena in a hug.

Jordan is just about to finish her outfit off with a blue bow in her hair when Elena yells at her to come downstairs.

Jordan mutters while hastily fixing her hair, "Coming, coming,"

Jordan skips down the stairs and comes face to face with Elena, and the tense atmosphere she holds around her. "Relax Elena, we'll be fine," Jordan says trying to ease Elena's worries.

"I just don't want you or Jeremy getting hurt," Elena whispers.

"I know that Lena, and I also know that I can't guarantee you that we won't get hurt, but we're strong. This family is strong, and I know that not matter how big the obstacles that we have to overcome are, in the end we will be okay. We might be scared, hurt, or broken, but we'll have each other, and that's all that matters." Jordan squeezes Elena's hand and wipes the tears who're threatening to fall under Elena's eyes.

"Now," Jordan grins, "Let's go own that party."

"You look stunning," Damon whispers in Jordan's ear. His breath leaving a tingling sensation on Jordan's neck, and she can feel a blush rising.

"Thank you," she says and bites her lip, "What are you doing here anyway, I thought you weren't coming,"

Damon shrugs his shoulders, "Guess I changed my mind,"

Damon's mind is racing with questions he wants to ask her, but he won't, because that is something people do who care. Damon doesn't care. Damon doesn't care. That is something he believed would stay that way no matter what, but now with Jordan thrown into his life, he has to constantly remind himself that he really doesn't care.

Because the way she smiles at him when everybody else looks at him with fear, and the way she pulls him closer when everybody else pushes him away, and the way his moods brighten when she's near, all prove him otherwise.

He does care, and that frightens him like nothing has frightened him before.

"Earth to Damon," Jordan's voice snaps him away from his thoughts.

"Why are you being nice to me?"

Damon's questions throws Jordan off guard, and for a moment she's utterly speechless. "I-I," she stutters, "Because maybe–,"