Chapter Forty One

"I know you two are in there, I heard you two speaking!" Remus called out to them.

"He sounds mad," Nixie whispered to Sirius.

"Well, we didn't do anything." Sirius said confused. "Why would he be mad at u- oh, right."

"About time you caught on." Nixie shook her head at the man.

Harry looked at his godparents completely unsure of what to do.

"Okay, I have an idea." Sirius said in a low voice. "Harry you open the door and let him in."

"Okay." Harry nodded. "And then what? What are you two going to do?"

"We're going to get the bloody hell out of here." Sirius said.

"Sirius we can't just leave Harry to face Remus' wrath, that's not fair."

"Then let's all leave. Problem solved." Sirius said. "Grab your wa-"

Remus opened the door with the use of his wand and walked in.

"Hello my dear friends." he smiled at him.

"Remus!" Nixie greeted him with sudden excitement. "We didn't know you were here! We weren't expecting you."

"I heard you all discussing leaving the home." Remus said looking at her.

"Oh that wasn't because of you!" Nixie said. "Right, Sirius?"

Sirius didn't answer until Nixie pinched his side. "Ow! Yes! Yes! That is correct."

"Oh and where were you all going? To go get manicures and padicures?" Remus asked.

"Don't be ridiculous, Moony." Sirius said. "Have you seen my nail bed, lately? I'm set. We were um..going to go.."

"Get snacks!" Harry added quickly.

All the adults turned to him as he smiled innocently at Remus. "We were just about to go out and get snacks."

"For what?" Remus continued to question.

"Because one can never have enough snacks." Nixie said.

"Ah, I see." Remus said holding his hands behind his back. "Harry, would you do me a favor and give me a minute alone with my two dear friends?"

"Sure thing." Harry said grabbing his jacket. "I'll be at the Burrow if you need me. Bye!"

"Unbelievable." Sirius said as soon as Harry had gone. "We feed, clothe and love the boy and the first sign of trouble he leaves us."

"What can we help you with, Remus? You look awfully stressed." Nixie asked standing up and leading Remus to sit in the living room with them.

"Well, I can't help but be stress, knowing my oldest child is doing something she shouldn't be." Remus said.

"And what might that be?" Sirius said wondering how much the man knew.

"I don't know." Remus sighed. "But you two do, don't you? You're the one helping her with this...and the twins are involved. So tell me, what's going on?"

Sirius scratched the back of his head awkwardly as Nixie couldn't bring herself to look at Remus.

"You two are my best friends and you can't tell me? She's my child."

"Yeah, thing is, Remmy,"Sirius said, " is she's not a child anymore. She's an adult and she is capable of making her own decisions. You're going to have to respect that."

"I understand Eleanor is an adult, but she will always be my child, Sirius, no matter how old she is. I'm her father."

"Right you're her father," Sirius replied, " and she takes after you a good amount. You're a trustworthy person, don't you think Eleanor is as well?"

"Of course I do. But she's young and prone to make stupid decisions."

"I don't think they're stupid. "Nixie said.

"Well, if they're so good, why can't you tell me what's she's been up to?"

"It's not for us to tell you, Remus."

Remus rubbed his face before pinching the bridge of his nose.

Nixie looked at Sirius and nodded her head towards Remus signaling him to say something.

Sirius cleared his throat.

"Remus," he walked over to his friend and sat next to him. "We have been friends for years. Nixie and I care a great deal for you, and the same goes for Eleanor."

"He's right, we love her very much, Remus." Nixie reassured him. "So please trust us. We would never allow her to get hurt or into big trouble under our watch."

Sirius nodded his head.

"I would get hurt before I allowed Eleanor to get hurt."

"Ow! That hurt!" Eleanor hissed as Dermot hopped around her. "You know what, I'm beginning to think you are just an extremely bitter owl!"

"Did he get you again?" Fred asked walking out into the kitchen.

"Yes." she pouted before glaring at her finger. "You know what Dermot I'm just going to end up getting another owl! A nicer one!"

The owl left through the window.

"Ooh I think you hurt his feelings."

"He hurt my finger...again."

"Aww poor Ellie, I know what will cheer you up." Fred said.

She looked over at him.

"A flower, for my lady." he said holding out a small white flower.

Eleanor smiled. "Thank you." she said taking it from him, suddenly it turned in a bouquet of flowers. "Whoa!"

"You like?" Fred asked.

"I do, but how-"

"Suddenly Bouquet! Why have one when you can have a ton!"

"Uh Fred-"

"It'll be great for first dates, anniversaries, weddings-"

"Fred..."

"...saying sorry, Valentine's Day-"

"FRED!"

"What...oh."

The flat was full of the white flowers as the one had become a ton.

Eleanor placed her hands on her hips.

"I don't think I have a vase big enough for all of these."