Day 12 Continued [Part 2]

___

Day 12 Continued [Part 2]

Not Edited

___

Blake looks extra adorable in his khaki shorts, light blue t-shirt, and wild curls. As he opens the back door of his black Camry for us, his cheeks turn a scarlet.

"Thanks for picking us up Blake!" Natalie gushes from the passenger seat while Lanie and I buckle our belts in the back.

"Yeah thanks!" I echo along with Lanie. The cute boy replies back with a no problem (along with his signature blush). We fall into silence as Blake takes a turn onto an unknown street. Not a minute later, I hear him cough, "So..." The word lingers in the air as we wait for him to continue. "Thanks for doing this again," He says to all of us- even though his eyes are on Natalie the whole time.

I try to suppress a chuckle. He couldn't be more obvious if he tried! "I'm pretty sure you're only thankful Natalie came along," I tell him playfully. My friends giggle.

"N-no-NO!"

"The constant red on your cheeks is telling me something quite different Blake." He blushes deeper.

"Awe!" Lanie coos as Natalie pinches his cheeks with a giggle. "Well I think your blush is cute," Nat tells him. I laugh and look out the window at the scenery. The car suddenly screeches to a halt, "What the hell?" I exclaim, clutching Lanie for dear life. Either she doesn't hear me or is in too much shock, Lanie doesn't hit me for swearing. Letting her go, I repeat my question to Blake.

But he pays me no attention; instead, his eyes are zeroed in on the cheerleader next to him. "Do-don't," He stutters, "Don't do that," He finishes firmly.

If this guy was going for an intimidating look, I hope he knows he failed. Rather, he looked like an angry puppy dog. Natalie pouts in response and sinks into her seat. A still blushing Blake starts driving again after a couple honks sound from behind him.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. What in the world happened? I look to Lanie for an answer. She shrugs.

I guess I'll ask Natalie later...

Another silence falls amongst us- this time it's slightly awkward.

"How big is this 'get together'?" Lanie asks. I groan, "Seriously?" To a curious Blake, I explain, "Lanie has this crazy notion that this little get together is actually a huge party that will end in doom."

"Why is it at 9 at night then?" Lanie shoots back. Stumped, I tell Blake to convince my best friend. He pulls onto another street and scratches his head, "Because there's a bonfire?"

His answer was said quite unsure..."What do-" I start suspiciously.

"Well you guys look nice tonight!" Blake compliments brightly. Before I can question him again, Natalie interrupts me, "Thank you! I picked all of our outfits," She states proudly.

"Where are you taking us anyways?" This time Lanie speaks.

I peer out the window at her words. Though it was hard to see in the darkness, I could make out a whole bunch of trees surrounding us and the road.

"Where the hell are you taking us?" I demand. There was a big pit at the bottom of my stomach. I'm too young to die!

Blake shakes his head, "I promise I'm not a rapist or anything. My friend owns a cabin in the woods here where he holds all his parties. His parents don't really care..."

"So it's a party." Lanie states dully. My eye twitches, "You lied to me!?"

"NO!" I give him a look, "Well kind of..." He admits.