Chapter Eight: First Night with my knight

The car finally came to a halt, we hadn't talked much after my question about Cara. I wasn't in a mood to talk, to be honest. I would not have been able to make conversation without hinting sarcastic remarks at him, no matter how hard I tried.

When he parked the car into their garage my heart stopped. This was it. My new home. Oh my god, what if I couldn't find cereal in the morning? More importantly what if I felt like ordering pizza? What address would I give? I needed to memorize their address and their landline phone numbers.

In my mini heart attack I hadn't realised that Adrian was by my side, holding the passenger door open for me. Well, that was a first. Be nice, I chanted to myself.

I got out of the car only to stumble in my five inch heel, I heard the gush of wind as I waited for the impact. But there was none, instead I was held secure in a warm embrace.

"Why does this feel like deja vu?" I heard Adrian muttered as he helped me back into the car. I moved back into my chair, wincing from the pain. It came like needles being poked in my heel.

"Let me have a look," Adrian commanded, removing my shoes. "Jesus Christ, what is this? A ten inch heel? I thought I told you not to wear heels. Always were the stubborn one weren't you Miss Hastings?

"Mrs. Darkwood," I corrected him, grumbling from his lecture. A small smile escaped his lips as he repeated my words correcting himself.

"Well, let's get you in our room, Mrs. Darkwood," Our room. The word rung in my mind and I started to freak out. Adrian took off his coat putting it on the car's roof, revealing his grey waistcoat. He unbuttoned his cuffs and folded them up, preparing to pick me up. Here we go again.

Adrian carried me inside, for the third time, thankfully the rest of the family was still on their way back otherwise I bet Cole would have quite a few things to say about this.

Samantha was at the door to greet us and so without wasting further time Adrian moved upstairs to his room, I have to admit my heart was beating way too fast. It could have been from the fear of falling to my death or from the close contact with Adrian, probably the latter.

I could feel Adrian getting breathless and the guilt started to build up. The door to Adrian's room was already open when we got there and so we simply moved into the dark room.

I was amazed how Adrian managed to not knock anything over as he moved in the dark.

"Okay, I'm going to slowly slip you into the bed, don't knock over the lamps on your right, they are kind of my favourite," he whispered into my ear. Don't jump him, don't. He lowered me into the bed, his lips brushed against my neck for a fraction of a second. That was enough to let the electricity flow.

I mentally slapped myself, something that I had been doing a lot lately. As Adrian's presence moved away, realisation hit me. I was in Adrian's room, I had never been in his room before. Woah!

Adrian turned on the lights and my jaw fell open. Adrian's room was far from my expectations. The wall facing the bed's front was basically a built-in book and movie shelf with a flat screen TV drilled into the wall. The room was really spacious, I could probably conduct ballet rehearsals in this place, you know if I actually did ballet.

To my right there was a stepped-up platform where there was a small sitting area, the chairs weren't too fancy so they fit perfectly with the whole set up.

Adrian was moving towards the platform and to tie the curtains only to reveal a beautiful moon in the sky. There was a small terrace too, I could see flower beds and plant pots.

He was awkwardly standing near the window, arms crossed waiting for my reaction.

It was him. Everything in his room screamed Adrian. The sophistication, the intellect, the emotions, all of it did. I could see myself living here, living here with him.