Code Blue

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Ch26: Code Blue

"I don't think we fear death as much as we fear what's coming after."

"It's the unknown. "

"To those who are religious heaven or hell comes. "

"But are we sure that heaven or hell is real?"

"We're not."

"We believe. We pray. We hope that heaven is real. We hope that our loved one gets to heaven."

"Do you really think we fear what comes after death? Or is it what our loved ones will suffer that we fear?

"What they will suffer."

"I don't think we fear for our loved ones. I don't think we're that selfless. We fear for ourselves not for others."

"We fear for ourselves?"

"Do you fear being alone?"

"Yes."

"Then you fear for you not for them."

***

Nathan.

I could see him so clearly as they pushed his bed across the hall. His bright messy red hair with his pale freckled face. He looked so peaceful with his green eyes closed and face so relaxed it looked like he was sleeping. 

"Abrelle," I feel two arms wrap around me "it's okay."

I'm okay.

I don't feel like yelling.

I don't't feel like crying. 

I don't feel anything.

I'm okay.

"Abrelle," the voice continues "tell them that's not John doe. Tell them that's Nathan Louise."

John Doe? 

"That's Nathan Louise, " the voice explains "and that's Abrelle Louise his older sister."

"Is this your brother Abrelle?" I see the black haired nurse.

"Yes," I reply finally finding my voice as everything in the room comes to focus. "That's my brother Nathan Louise. "

"He's going into surgery right now," the nurse says "I'll update you as soon as I can."

"Okay," I nod as she walks away before yelling after her "What's your name?"

"Abigail," she smiles.

"Abrelle," Elliot says his arms still around me "are you okay?"

"He was shot, " Noah walks towards us "in the chest."

"Get off me," I push Elliot.

It's my fault.

What happened to Nathan is my fault.

"Abrelle," Noah frowns.

"Leave," I say "unless you want to end up like Nathan."

"What?" Elliot asks.

"Get out," I scream "or you will end up dead."

"You think this is your fault?" Noah asks incredulous.