Chapter 2: Breaking Up

"Like some wines, our love could neither mature nor travel." ― Graham Greene

Alexander's POV

"Don't pull this shit out on me, Claire! I know where you have been!" I gritted out. My eyes twitched with anger, and I forced to keep a tight reign of my temper. My hands balled into tight fists inside my pockets as I stared at her darkly.

"What are you talking about, babe?" Claire let out an apprehensive chuckle as she looked down from her balcony. Then she looked up, watching the clear sky.

The city buzzed like bees from the top of the building.

She was undeniable. She thinks she could play me with her palm, then she never knew me at all. I'm not a Demakis for nothing.

My eyes twitched as I spoke in a hard tone. "A month in Hawaii with Mr. Rene Albino, a month in Las Vegas with the same man, and a month cruising with another guy," I stated with disgust. "Desmond Nava? Does it ring a bell?" I sneered. "He seemed very attentive to you when you two shared a bottle of Vodka on his private yacht." I let out a mocking chuckle.

Guilt crossed her face but promptly vanished. "Oh," she turned and face me. Her face softened as she closed our gap.

I clenched my jaw as I watched her raised her palm and ran it along with my right cheek to my jawline, her eyes following her palm's trail. "Are you jealous, babe?" she grinned.

Her confidence is beyond me. She thinks I was all over her, she was wrong.

She had changed a lot. As soon as the media assumed we are dating, modeling agencies fought over her. Her name became bigger because of me. And as she grew big in the modeling industry, her head grew bigger too. And the neckline of her clothing significantly got bigger, perhaps to fit that big head of hers.

I casually curled my hands around her wrist, then pulled it gently down to her side. "I'm not jealous, Claire. I am clearing up things between us," I said, my jaws clenching occasionally.

I felt nothing for her. I thought I did at first, but I realized now that I was just trying to prove it to her that I'm not like my father.

Her mom and my dad had some history. Bad according to my dad. I gave her the opportunity, agreed with the relationship she started.

To be quite honest, she offered me her virginity, and I took it without thinking she would trap me into a relationship.

She was innocent but wild in the bed. And perhaps that's the reason why I agreed, tried a relationship with her, but she changed.

And she proves me that she's worst than her mother.

She stepped back. She looked mortified but promptly vanished.

She turned her back to me and walked towards the steel railings. She rested her palms on the fence, her head hung low as she let out a sharp lungful of air, then breathed in sharply. I casually walked closer to her, my hands tucked inside my pockets.

I stood next to her, facing the dark horizon.

"We both know that this relationship is going nowhere, and you know I'm fucking other girls," I started. Wanting to end this with no hard feelings.

She snorted, and it annoyed me. "You are fucking every filthy rich guy just so you can afford this penthouse," I gritted out, letting out a humorless chuckle.

She hastily snapped her head to me. "I wasn't!" the sternness in her voice is not convincing. "I was with Mr. Albino for the contract. He wanted to show me where the photoshoot will be. In Las Vegas, I met some friends and coincidentally, I saw him there. I can't ignore him, he's going to be my next boss!" she stressed firmly.