Chapter 10- Cooking Venison

"What do we tell Daryl?" Jacque asked, crossing her arms. We stood in a circle, deciding someone else's fate.

Amy and Shane at my side, Taylor and Jason across from me. "Who's Daryl?" I asked, curious of the situation.

Shane let out a sigh and Lori looked me in the eyes nervously. "Daryl, is Merle Dixon's younger brother."

My eye's widened as I realized that a mini Merle would probably be coming back soon.

"We could lie?" Amy suggested.

Shane shook his head and looked at the ground. "No, it's family he needs to know the truth."

Rick nodded. "I'll tell him, it's my fault, I cuffed him to the roof."

I shook my head. "No it's my fault, I had the opportunity to unlock him and I didn't."

T-Dog let out a tired laugh. "I'm telling him. I dropped the key, it's my responsibility."

Rick shook his head again. "No offense T-Dog but this might sound better coming from a white man."

T-Dog sighed and crossed his arms. T-Dog nodded slightly, obviously not happy with Ricks decision.

Jason cleared his throat and sat back uncomfortably, making everyones heads turn in his direction. "So where do we sleep?"

Shane rubbed his forehead and glanced past the group towards the tents. "Well there's only one tent left. It's built for one person but two could fit in there."

I nodded and looked at Jason. "You two take the tent, you're blood. I'll room with someone else, no need to worry."

Jason clenched his jaw and shook his head. "That's not happening."

I rolled my eyes at his controlling personality. "It is Jason."

He scowled and Taylor grabbed his arm, giving him a tug closer to her. "Mariah's right. Just trust her okay?"

"All settled?" Shane asked, clearly unamused with the little. Jason glared at Shane but he ignored it. "Good, go set up in your tent."

Shane pointed towards a faded brown tent. Taylor nudged Jason's side but he continued to glare at Shane. Taylor rolled her eyes and yanked Jason away from the group and towards the tent.

"This it?" Jason yelled. Shane nodded and stuck his thumb up. Jason ducked inside, Taylor crawling in after him.

Shane turned to me "Um, the only other spot we have is in the orange tent with Daryl."

I froze. I had to share a tent with Daryl Dixon? I didn't even know the man and we'd be living together? I sighed, knowing I couldn't really protest. After all, I did volunteer. I sighed and strolled over to the bright orange tent. I threw my stuff down and looked around.

There was one sleeping bag, extremely messy and huge, along with it was a small table with a quiver of arrows and a picture frame.

I bent down to see a woman and two young boys. One unmistakably Merle, the other probably Daryl.

I got out and zipped the tent back up. I walked over to the group and noticed no Sophia, Carl or Morales's kids.

I assumed they were off playing tag or something. I stood near the group and crossed my arms awkwardly. I leaned against an old tree and that's when I heard a child scream. I ran to the source of the scream blindly.

The children came running at me, Carl panting and grabbing my arm. "What happened?" I asked.

He pointed behind him and I ran a head. It was getting dark out, making it harder to see but there was no way, you could mistake that for something else.