nine

song suggestions:

Ocean Drive by Duke Dumont

I Got U by Duke Dumont

Light It Up by Major Lazer

How Deep Is Your Love by Calvin Harris

This Must Be My Dream by The 1975

- A

Two weeks passed before Luke saw Anna again.

Of course, to Luke it felt like a million days, months, years, even.

However, her absence by no means meant that Luke had stopped thinking about her.

Quite the contrary, really. The only good thing about the required alcohol counseling sessions both he and the rest of the band were forced to attend was that it gave him ample time to think about a plethora of things: his music, his best friends, his beloved family, his deepest passions, his wildest dreams, his biggest regrets.

He still hasn't formed answers for any of them--except one: he missed Anna. (And that wasn't even one of the questions.)

It was weird, how he could miss someone so much whom he hardly knew. But somehow, he did.

And it hurt like hell.

In the two weeks that had passed between the Rihvalsky party on New Year's Eve and now, Luke had made two discoveries: one, if you disobey orders, Management will actually try to ruin your life; and two, even if you get the hottest girl on the planet to sleep with you, you're still not going to be happy.

Even though he already knew both of these--kind of, at least--, for some reason this time they rang true.

And rang. And rang.

These bells kept ringing in his mind all hours of day-and-night; daytime was often during the boring alcohol counseling sessions and nighttime when his bandmates were off (...doing whatever it is band members do when they're not making music), and Luke was left alone in the hotel.

But, for some reason, Luke didn't feel any more relief than before, and that puzzled him. Maybe now because both had actually happened to him, they felt less dramatic. Less life-changing. They were no longer just ideas swirling around in his head--they had actually happened, and Luke had no idea how to deal with the aftermath.

Of course, the confusion was due to a) he had never expected either of them to happen to him personally, and b) neither of which had made him feel like he was actually in control of his life. Rebelling against management seemed to have steered him further from control, and having sex with a beautiful girl did not give him control over his own life.

Then again, nothing was his choice anymore. He knew that the minute he signed the contract four years ago--legally binding him to three other idiots who somewhat knew how to make music and a strict, high-profile management company.

That being said, even though he willingly signed the contract that forbid him from excessive alcohol drinking in public, serious dating, and dancing nude at photoshoots (after Modest! had walked in on a particularly boring photoshoot only to find four nude teenage boys rocking out to Stacy's Mom), Luke still wished that, at the very least, Modest! would let Luke live his life exactly like he wanted it. (But, of course, that went against each and every one of their rules.)