1.9

❀Courtney's P.O.V❀

"Courtney!" Mrs. Garcia scolds from the front of the class and I snap my head up from my desk.

"I, uh, present!" I call out, hearing the class burst into laughter as she narrows her eyes at me.

"I will not tolerate sleeping in my class." She informs and I rub my cheek sleepily, before I prop my elbow on my desk and rest my head against my palm. "Courtney!" She snaps, and I immediately snap my eyes open again.

"I'm awake!" I groan, rubbing my eyes. "Just...tired." I add, leaning forward and resting my head down on my arms. I barely had any sleep last night; I watched Netflix until three in the morning.

"That's it, detention room, now!"

"Wait, what?" I ask, lifting my head to gape at her. "No, you can't do that!" I argue, turning to glare at Alexander as I hear him chuckle. He instantly throws his hands up in defeat and I sigh, focusing back to Mrs. Garcia. "I'm sorry, I'll stay awake, just please don't send me to detention."

She lets out a frustrated sigh, but nods her head nonetheless. "Alright, but I expect you to have down all the notes before the end of class."

"Yes, of course." I agree.

I look over at the board and widen my eyes when I see that both white boards are full of writing. I then switch my gaze down at my notebook and groan when the only thing I have down is the date. The worst part is, there's only ten minutes left of class.

On second thought, I would like to go to detention.

* * *

"I can really use some coffee." I grumble, as I stuff my books into my locker and I yawn into my hand.

"Hey, Courts." A voice speaks up from beside me and I jump up in surprise, smacking my head back on the door to my locker. I groan in pain as I rub the area and Alexander bursts into laughter.

"What do you want?" I ask, and he wipes an imaginary tear from his eye.

"Nothing. Why would you suspect that I want something?" He smirks and I roll my eyes, shutting my locker and yawning into my hand again. "You look like shit."

"Very subtle, jerk." I scoff and walk past him, but he swings his arm around my shoulders and walks beside me.

"Hey, I'm just being honest." He laughs.

"Oh yeah?" I question, and he nods his head in response. "Well, if I were to be honest with you, I would only waste my time. Mainly because I don't care about your life." I retort and give him a smug smile.

"That was harsh, doll face." He says, placing a hand over his heart and I roll my eyes as I smile.

"As if your ego would take it offensively."

"My ego is bruised by your harsh words, for your information." He tells me, guiding me towards the cafeteria, and I shake my head at him. He suddenly makes us halt and I'm caught off guard when he pulls me behind a wall.

"What the heck?" I question when he ducks behind me. "Alex, wha–"

"Shh, I'm hiding from this one girl who doesn't know the definition of no." He snaps and I raise an eyebrow as I turn around to look at him. "Just stay still and don't talk, please."

"Okay, but only because you said please." I smile, and we wait a few more minutes until he finally stands up again. He continues to guide me towards the cafeteria and I can't help but ask, "What do you mean by, 'doesn't know the definition of no'?"