Chapter 1

**WARNING: This story will contain mature subject matter. There will be some coarse language and sexual content. If you are offended by this stuff, please refrain from reading further. I won't be posting warnings at the beginnings of chapters in regards to sexual content, as I feel that it gives away what happens in the chapter somewhat. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Enjoy!**

            When my alarm went off, I silenced it quickly. My heart pounded as I waited to see if anyone else had woken up from the sound. When I heard nothing, I let out a small sigh of relief. I gingerly got out of my bed, being careful not to aggravate the bruises on my body.

            I made my way to the bathroom and I brushed my hair quickly. I couldn’t risk a shower right now, because I didn’t want to wake him up. I went back to my room and got dressed before heading to my brothers room. I knocked lightly on the door before entering. “Charlie, it’s time to get up.”

            I heard a grunt from the vicinity of his bed and it made me smile a little. I walked over to the bed and nudged the lump that I knew was my brother. “Come on lazy bones. Time for your first day of high school!” I cheered with fake enthusiasm.

            His head popped out from under the covers. He scowled at me as he pushed his unruly blonde hair, that was the same color as ming, out of his eyes. “How can you be so damn peppy? It’s your first day at this stupid school too.”

            My smile faded. “I know. But at least we’re getting a fresh start. Maybe things will be different now.”

            Charlie snorted. “Doubtful. Now, get out so I can get dressed.”

            I walked to the door. “I’ll go make us some breakfast. Make sure you’re quiet when you leave your room, okay? I don’t want to wake Jason up.” Charlie nodded and I left him to get dressed.

            A few minutes later, he came downstairs and I handed him his bowl of cereal. We ate in silence and soon we were heading out the door. I didn’t have a car, so we walked the ten minutes to school.            

            When we got there, Charlie stuck close to my side. I wasn’t sure if it was because he needed reassurance or because he was trying to reassure me. He was nearly three years younger then me, but lately he had been trying to act like my big brother. It was easy for him to do that, considering he was already quite a bit taller then me.

            We both went to the office and got our schedules. We were happy to see that our first period classes were close together and that our lockers were just across the hall from each other. We walked to them and we both deposited our bags in our respective lockers.

            The warning bell rang and I gave Charlie a reassuring smile. “Good luck, little brother. I’ll see you at lunch, okay?” He nodded and we parted ways.

            I entered my classroom and quickly made my way to the back. There weren’t many students in there yet, but I avoided eye contact with the ones that were. I never used to be like this. I used to be bubbly and happy and I used to love making new friends. I also used to hate the people like me. But that all changed two years ago.

            I sat down in the back right corner and put my binder on the desk in front of me. I kept my head down as the rest of the class slowly trickled in. I was aware of someone taking the seat beside me, but I refused to look up and see who it was.