Chapter 13 - Home Alone

(Hi! So I changed something in the last chapter, I forgot that I was writing for a Monday, and I said she was going to see the show that night, I forgot that there are no performances on Mondays! My bad, I changed it so she will be seeing the show in the next chapter, preferably, sorry for the late update. This is continued from the last chapter.)

The bell rung at 9:00, signifying the start of school, I sighed and walked up to Spanish, there was a girl in my Spanish class, who I sat next to, that was always nice and was very pretty, we didn't talk a lot, but she always have off a sort of friendly vibe, her name was Josie. She stopped me before I walked into class.

"You're the girl that moved into the Richard Rodgers theatre with Hamilton right?" She asked

"Yeah, why do you ask?" For a second there I thought she was going to kill me.

"I'm a huge fan! I love Hamilton so much! I can't believe that they adopted a girl in my Spanish class! You are so lucky!" HALLA! I found a fan at school, my life is going to get so much better.

"I know I'm a huge fan too! I was ecstatic when I found out, they are all so great." 

"Have you seen it yet? I know that's a crazy question, but, have you?"

"No, but I'm seeing it tomorrow, I still can't believe that he found that ticket."

"I haven't seen it, but I would kill a man if it meant getting tickets, yeah, I'd kill a man."

"Can I choose the man?" I ask, giggling as Josie and I walked into class, taking our seats.

"Of course you can!" Josie replied, I'm sure Spanish is going to be much more fun from now on.

After class Josie and I walked to Choir together, she sang Mezzo and I sang Soprano 1, so we sat near each other. As we walked, we were talking about our favorite books and songs, I was so thrilled to have finally found a good friend at school, other than my William. We sat down and continued our conversation, before our teacher walked in, we warmed up and then we discussed songs for our a cappella set, we were doing Titanium, which I wasn't a big fan of, and Rumor Has It. 

"Ok, we still need a Rumor Has It soloist." She said turning to the alto section, we had a few sopranos who wanted to audition, but it was definetly an alto solo. Class turned into a solo audition day, which was pretty boring for me, because my voice was too high to pull off, Titanium or Rumor Has It. So I got to listen to the entire class audition for Titanium, before a red haired girl named Sammi got it. The Rumor Has It soloists made me want to cry, no one could maintain decent breath support throughout the song. The last girl to audition was obviously a little nervous about it, she shyly raised her hand to audition and we started singing the harmonies. She started and I was blown away, her voice was so low and thick, it was gorgeous and perfect for the song, by the time she finished I think the entire class knew that she got it. 

Her name was Franchesca and her voice made me want to cry because it sounded like a beautiful angel singing the solo in a gospel choir. The rest of the day went smoothly, and I had found 2 new friends. Nothing could go wrong. 

It was the casts night off, so I had a Broadway theater to myself, for an entire night, security knew that I was here, time to party!

Nope, I'm just going to do my homework whist sitting on a Broadway stage. That sounds like a plan. I pulled a beanbag onstage and curled up while I took notes on the study of genetics from my Biology textbook, practiced simplifying polynomial functions and wrote the first half of an essay for English. I fulfilled a dream, hanging out on a Broadway stage for no real reason, after I was done, it was time to fufill a second dream, sing on a Broadway stage. I pulled my phone out and played the karaoke track to 'What I Did For Love' this was one of my favorite Broadway songs.

I sang the gorgeous lyrics to an empty auditorium, on an empty stage, yet it was the most thrilling moment of my life, I felt powerful, I felt like nothing could break me, I felt safe and most of all I felt at home. I guess that's because it is my home, not just the theater where I live, but also the stage, the stage is where I feel at home.

Hi! Sorry about the late-ish update, I've been tired lately, so what do you guys think? Is it improving? Am I falling further into the cavern of crappy writing everything I upload? Tell me! Tell me in the comments! Nothing makes me happier than comments! So shout out to @Stargold28 and @H_Franchesca for commenting! 

Also thanks to @Ruff1258 and @Yourbrothercrutchie for voting! You guys are awesome and make me feel appreciated, hopefully this wasn't weird.

Thank you so much for reading, it means the world to me!

- Abi