Chapter 15- Phil's POV (tw/ brief mention of self harm)

I woke up in a hospital room, with my mum sitting next to my bed. I turned my head. "Mum?"

She looked up and tears came to her eyes. "Philly!" She came over and gave me a hug. "How are you feeling?"

"Kind of tired. And my arms hurt." My mum sat on the edge of my bed. "Yes, well they had to put in stitches. Dad is getting on a flight home this afternoon; it's the soonest flight he could get."

"This afternoon?" I asked, confused. My mum nodded. "Yes, It's Saturday morning, Phil. You slept through the rest of yesterday." I could tell that my mum was exhausted. "Mum, have you slept at all?"

My mum sighed. "No. Is it that noticeable? Do I look a mess?"

I smiled. "No offense, mum, but you kind of do. Um, i-is Dan here?"

"I knew you would ask. He's been waiting in the lobby. He hasn't left since last night. Do you want to see him?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Mum, you should go home and rest for a few hours. I'll be okay with Dan."

Mum looked hesitant. "I don't know..."

"Mum," I said. "Don't be mad at Dan. It's not his fault. I made the decision I did, he just made a mistake. That's all." My mum smiled weakly at me. "I know, Phil. I'm trying not to be mad. I'll go get him. I'll be back in a few hours."

A couple minutes later, Dan walked in. He was wearing sweat pants and the shirt I had given him. His eyes were red, from what I assumed was a mix of crying and lack of sleep. "Phil?" He started crying. "Are you okay?"

I smiled at him, and patted the edge of my bed, telling him to come over. He came and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed. "I'm good, Dan. How are you doing?"

Dan just looked at me. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

I scooted over on the bed and Dan laid down next to me. I wrapped my arms around him as he cried into my chest. I played with his hair. "Dan, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. I made the decision I did. I forgive you." I kissed the top of his head as he cried. After a couple minutes I heard his steady breathing, and I knew that he was asleep. I took a moment and looked at how beautiful he was. He seemed so peaceful when he was asleep, and I smiled when he cuddled closer to me. I put my head on top of his and fell asleep.

When I woke up Dan was still asleep. I guess my stirring woke him up, because I saw his eyes flutter open, him slightly moaning after been woken up. He smiled up at me and brushed my hand across his cheek. "Good morning- or should I say afternoon."

Dan smiled. "Mmhhmmm." When the door opened both of looked up to see my mum coming in. "Phil, Dad's going to be here in an hour then you're going home and- oh!" she saw the two of us and smiled. "Well, I'm going to go get something from the cafeteria, I'll be right back."

We stayed together until it was time for me to go home. We didn't say much, but there was nothing to say. We knew what each other was feeling. No words were necessary.

I went back to school Monday, and word had gotten around about what had happened.

Dan stood up to Kai and all of his old friends, and left their group forever.

He ate lunch with me everyday.

We continued our tutoring sessions.

Dan always checked up on me, making sure that I wasn't hurting myself.

Every day when we would sit down for our tutoring session, he would tell me, "Sleeve check!" And I would roll up my sleeves and he would inspect me.

"Yes, yes. That's healing very good." I always laughed. "What are you, a doctor?"

"Yes, Phil, I am Dr. Daniel James Howell. I am merely disguised as a high school student, didn't you know?"

We hung out every weekend. We watched Buffy and all sorts of anime, but most of all we were spending time together. Out tutoring time was coming to an end, and I was so sad. I mean, we were still friends, but I felt like we wouldn't have an excuse to hang out as much as we do.

I never thought that I would be upset that my time tutoring Dan Howell was ended. If you had told me that back in December, I would have told you that you were insane.