Chapter 17- Phil and Dan's POV

~Seven years later~

We were 23 years old, just out of college. We shared an apartment in London, and our lives were perfect- well, almost perfect. But tonight I was going to change that.

I had surprised Dan with a date to a nice restaurant in London, and we took a walk in our favorite park. We were admiring the stars and sights together, like we always did. Dan and turned away from me to point something out to me, and I took the moment. I got down on one knee, and loved the look of surprise and joy on Dan's face when he turned around. 

"Daniel James Howell. I am in love with you, and you are the only person I want to spend the rest of my life with. Will you marry me?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Dan yelled and kissed me. We were both crying, and when both had calmed ourselves, I took his hand and we continued our walk. Dan and I kept looking at each other, smiling like fools. 

The next months were filled with wedding preparations. He found the perfect venue, our favorite restaurant was catering, all of our family and friends were coming, everything was perfect. Except for one thing.

We decided that we would each get to walk down the aisle, because, why the hell not? This upset Dan, though, when I first brought it up. "I don't have a dad to walk me down." he said sadly.

"What about your mum?"

"Well, yeah. But I always thought my dad would be at my own wedding."

Finally the night of the rehearsal dinner came, which went wonderfully. I was so filled with excitement, knowing that tomorrow Dan and I would be married. I could barely sleep I was so excited.

                                                                                              ~Dan's POV~

I was looking at myself in the mirror one last time, fixing my fringe and adjusting my bow tie. In less than five minutes, I would be walking down the aisle to say my vows. I was so nervous I would trip or make a fool of myself. 

Just as I was about to leave the private room I was in, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, scared, but I was in complete and utter shock.

Standing before me was my dad. He had aged since I last saw him almost eleven years ago, but I still recognized him. "Dad?" He smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I have missed you so much, Dan. And I am so proud of you. I know we have so much to talk about, but I hear you need a father to walk you down the aisle."

I choked back the tears and nodded. He walked me down the aisle, and I saw Phil looking incredible in his suit, smiling at me. He must have known. 

Phil and I looked at each other the entire time the vows were being said.

"Daniel Howell, do you take Philip Lester to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I saw Phil's eyes sparkling and his smile. "I do."

                                                                                        ~Phil's POV~

I saw the joy on Dan's face as his dad was walking him down the aisle. I don't think I've ever seen him happier in his entire life. Not only is today our wedding day, but it is the first time he's seen his dad in eleven years.

I looked at Dan's huge smile, the dimples that always got me.

"Philip Lester, do you take Daniel Howell to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"You may now kiss the groom."

We shared the sweetest kiss of our entire lives. 

Our honeymoon was perfect- we went to Japan, and allowed our inner fanboys to come out. The cherry blossoms were blooming, the weather was beautiful, and it was everything we could ever ask for. We stayed for a week and didn't want to return to London, but we did, of course.