twenty

"wakey, wakey, sleeping beauty." i hear a raspy voice say, making me groan.

with my eyes still shut, i try to search for jack's face so i can slap him. a deep chuckle releases from his lips.

"so, you want to skip?"

i eyes shoot open and i come face to face with the devil himself, "absolutely not!" i shriek.

"come on." he whines, tightening his grip around my waist while nuzzling his face into my neck. "i can make it worthwhile."

"thank you, but no thank you." i smile. "i'd rather get the education that i pay thousands of dollars for."

he sighs, his warm breath hitting my neck and making shivers run down my spine. if he does that again, it'll definitely make me want to stay in with him the whole day.

"you're no fun."

"cry about it." i remove his arms from me and sit up in the bed, pulling the sheets closer toward me.

jack turns his head and moves his face from facing downward. a pout displays on his lips in a pleading manner and i almost cave in.

"you're so cute." i compliment, leaning down to kiss him on the lips.

he hums, "not as cute as you."

"true."

with that, i get up from the bed and head into my own bathroom. i hear the quick patters of jack's feet on the floor and i instantly know that he's following me around like a puppy.

"my professor," he starts behind me, making me turn. "a-1 milf." he tells me, laughing buoyantly.

i shake my head at him and smile, "you're not funny."

"oh, come on. why don't you ever get jealous?" he whines for the second time already today.

i haven't even been awake for five minutes.

"i do. just not over old ladies." i shrug, starting to push toothpaste from out of the tube and onto the bristles of my toothbrush.

jack's arms curl around my waist and he kisses my neck, humming and purring in appreciation. i'm so satisfied with him at this moment. no longer a jerk and i hope it stays that way.

"you smell so good." he tells me, inhaling deeply.

"no, i don't." i argue. "i smell like sweat because of you hugging me tightly throughout the night."

he squeezes me and then releases me, smiling at me in the mirror. he is driving me absolutely crazy and i've never felt this way about anyone before.

"i've been meaning to tell you something." he says. "but i guess it'll have to wait until after you get back from class." he sighs.

"i'm sure it's not that important." i shoo him, rinsing out my mouth.

he frowns, "it's very important." he argues.

i give him a raised eyebrow as i dry my mouth and face. i kiss his cheek briefly, which makes him tighten his hold around me.

"go and brush your teeth." i cringe.

he smiles, exhaling a breath in my face, "it doesn't smell."

"yes, it does." i tell him. "go or else you'll be late for class."

he groans, letting go of me, "not like i care, but for you, i will." with that, he turns around and returns into his own bedroom.

*

"good afternoon, damien!" i exclaim, with a triumphant smile on my face.

he looks at me weirdly, also smiling, "hello, nova. why are you here earlier than everyone else?"